d6 based Skill System

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Hellbrandt

d6 based Skill System

Post by Hellbrandt »

A couple of months back I wrote up my suggestion for a skills system (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2291). Based on some of the feedback I got to rethinking what I had presented and realised there were quite a few flaws with it, particularly the way I had handled thief skills. So I went back to the drawing board and came up with the attached.

I was rather taken with the X in 6 Action Checks supplement (viewtopic.php?t=1211) which covered much of what I was after, but I wanted to tweak it as well - for me it didn't feel complete. The resulting skills system is simple and reasonably comprehensive (IMHO) and can be easily expanded to included additional classes and races. I followed the approach given in X in 6 Action Checks and decided not to worry too much about accurately modelling the original thief skills - that may bother some, but I'm fine with it.

I have used it for a few sessions now, it's really easy to use in play and makes sense for the players. Although it will be quite some time before I can see how well it scales I have run through some possibilities and think it will still work at higher levels.

It certainly won't be for everyone, here it is anyway.
Attachments
Custom 1d6 Skills System.pdf
(63.06 KiB) Downloaded 422 times