BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Page 83-84: One paragraph (that crosses both pages) is not justified.
Ack. Sometimes LibreOffice loses the styles for a few paragraphs. Probably what happened there.
PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Copyright page: Giant trapdoor spider was by yours truly iirc?
Probably. Is that from the Field Guide? If so, are you properly credited there?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

No, I'm wrong: I'm getting my different kinds of giant spider confused. The giant trapdoor spider was J.D. The shrieking tarantula was me. It's in the field guide and credited correctly there but missed off the credits for BF3. Not sure who wrote the Leaded Skeleton but that's also missed off the credits for BF3.

Now that I look at all this I see that we haven't got a stats page for the new monsters in this module. Need listings and credits for pangotherium and giant rainbow wasp (or just import them into the field guide 2 if that's easier).
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:Going over your revised R32, and I noticed you worked on standardizing the NPC statblocks (which I'll admit, I kept changing as I went along). I've decided I like it this way:

Yunkers: Human Magic-User 6, AC 11, #At 1, Dam 1d3, Mv 40', Ml 9, XP 555

I don't like the race/class/level in parens; I'd rather have it be as shown above. I'm revising R32 to this standard, but we'll have to review it to make sure I haven't missed any.
I'm fine with this format, I just like the consistency ;) Will make a note to add something for this soon in both the adventure template and the style guide. Will also have to make a note to update the NPC statblocks in AA2, CS1 and 2, etc. etc. It never ends! :D
PapersAndPaychecks wrote:No, I'm wrong: I'm getting my different kinds of giant spider confused. The giant trapdoor spider was J.D. The shrieking tarantula was me. It's in the field guide and credited correctly there but missed off the credits for BF3. Not sure who wrote the Leaded Skeleton but that's also missed off the credits for BF3.

Now that I look at all this I see that we haven't got a stats page for the new monsters in this module. Need listings and credits for pangotherium and giant rainbow wasp (or just import them into the field guide 2 if that's easier).
I'd say let's go ahead and have a "New Monsters" section/page in BF3, and if we want to also add those monsters to FG2 we can. I think we've done that in the past for new monsters that also ended up in FG1.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Leaded Skeleton is mine, so my copyright (or my share of the copyright) in the whole book covers it. That, at least, does not require a separate statement. I know it's how it's supposed to be done, but I don't like how long the OGL can be in the monster books... it gets out of hand. So at least for those monsters that are mine, where my name appears in the copyright for the entire work, I don't want a separate statement for those monsters.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Oh, and Chi, I'm going to go ahead and work on R33 now. I've got two more pics from Al Cook plus the errors noted by Stuart above to fix. After I get it uploaded, if you guys want to review the OGL again and make sure everything that needs to be noted is noted, that'd be great.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Stuart, your Ogre Mage was missing also. So I've added the statement for both of them.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... wondering who put XP Nil on all the Normal Men? They are worth 10 points each, just like kobolds and other puny monsters.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

R33 uploaded. Take a look and tell me if you see any problems.

Also, more Al Cook art. YAY!
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Are the monster stat listings going in Field Guide 2, then? No problem if they're going in there rather than in the module, but at the moment some of them are nowhere.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Are the monster stat listings going in Field Guide 2, then? No problem if they're going in there rather than in the module, but at the moment some of them are nowhere.
Considering the currently-unknown status of FG2's release, yeah, they should be in there. You don't happen to know which ones are missing, do you?