DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Post by Solomoriah »

HOKAY, so... whilst musing on your quandary, my memory gears gnashed and ground, and then there was a resounding THUD and the vaguest fragment of memory (this one engraved in sandstone, it seems) fell into view.

The game, it seemed, was afoot!

As is my way when something of this sort happens, I did not go a-hunting myself (for that would have been a tedious affair indeed), but rather summoned a daemon and instructed it to search throughout my quaintly-arranged household library. The daemon disappeared in a puff (a ring, in actuality) of foul-smelling smoke, and reappeared a moment later holding his hands akimbo. I was about to send it into the similarly-quaint library in my shop, and had that not sufficed, into the massive library hidden in the deepest dungeons beneath my fortress, when I saw by the look in its beady eyes that I had failed to give it the correct instructions. My orders were to seek out the tome entitled "dragonclaw barony," and the little imp was secretly gloating that I had failed to tell it to ignore the case of the name.

I ordered it forth again with more appropriate directions, and this time it returned bearing not one, but two copies of the tome in question.

So now at my command the disagreeable thing has been dispatched to deliver a copy of the work to you. You will find what you seek herein. Enjoy!
Attachments
Dragonclaw Barony Campaign Setting.PDF
(336 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

You, sir, are amazing. ;-)
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Why thank you sir!
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

I have it in mind to convert this document to a BFRPG format supplement, keeping all the proper attributing notes for Mr King in place. This would merely be a simple act of copy and pasting so the document 'fits' the BFRPG style. Would this be ok, or do you think it would be too much an act of stepping on some toes to do so?
matt jackson
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I wouldn't. Note the Product Identity includes the name of the work. I don't think it would be a good idea to do it without the author's consent... Dymondy got explicit consent to use the name in the module.
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

That's what I was thinking as well, and it appears the author has gone dark since the publication. Oh well, I guess this means Make your own! :shock:
matt jackson
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Also noticed the cover's copyright date needs to be changed to 2016 (to match what's on title page).
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Emailed R13 to Solo.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Got it, thanks!
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

OMG. You all are game savers. I'm piecing together a Dragonclaw campaign and needed some info that is contained in this pdf. Thanks for finding and posting it.