Play Testing and Game Scheduling

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Metroknight

Re: Play Testing and Game Scheduling

Post by Metroknight »

Planning a one shot for tonight (sept 5th). Character creation starts at 7pm central and game starts at 8pm central and will be using the roll20 webrtc voice option for the session. I plan on being in the chat by 7pm to chat if people are interested. This will be a core rule game with only one house rule (max hp on first level) that will be for 3rd level characters. There will be combat but hopefully it will go rather smoothly.

Central meeting hub: BFRPG Group (Friday Night Pick-Up Games) The join link is in the descriptive text so read it if you are interested.

Background
The Eastern Marches of Aspiria are a land of high,rolling hills littered with dense copses. As one progresses east, the hills form the foothills of the mighty Granite Mountains. Decades ago the land was inhabited by fierce tribes of orcs. A crusade led by the then-king of Aspiria, Halgroth IV, drove the orcs from the Marches. Slowly at first, but with gathering speed, new villages sprang up on the many hills once held by the orcs. For the most part the villages grew and prospered, and within a few years the memory of the orcs was all but forgotten. For the first time in centuries, the land was peaceful.

All that changed several months ago, when trappers and hunters spotted large parties of orcs roaming the borders of the Marches. Shortly afterward, the orcs began attacking remote villages and farms, slaughtering all who stood in their path. After almost half a human lifetime, the orcs had returned.

Halgroth V, the current king, lacks his father’s ambition and foresight. He would rather hunt than plan a military campaign, dance with ladies of the court than soil his blade in war, and hide among his books than admit the orcs are returning. Even the recent tide of refugees streaming in from the Eastern Marches has done nothing to stir his hand. The Eastern lands are awash with human blood and echo to the war cries of the savage orcs.

Though loyal to the crown, Baron Kyle Loxlyn, a powerful noble with lands in the Eastern Marches, has decided to take action. While Loxlyn musters his troops for war, he plans to send hired adventurers to evacuate a village lying in the path of the advancing orcs.

Enter the heroes.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

So, it sounds like things have slowed down over on roll20. That's too bad.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

It is a sad day today I fear. No one is in the chat room at all. :?

Well, I suppose this was a failed endeavor. Perhaps it can be rekindled some time in the future, with greater success.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ah, don't give up on it. These things come and go, and come again.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

You're probably right. Thanks Solo.

seandon4

Post by seandon4 »

Solomoriah wrote:Ah, don't give up on it. These things come and go, and come again.
Well said :)

It's all talk at this point (esp since I'm in the process of packing and moving out of my place) but stepping up as a GM and playtesting some BFRPG material on roll20 has been in the back of my mind. One step at a time... maybe I'll start by looking for a good one shot that needs testing.

EDIT: AA 2 material perhaps? A friend of mine is also moving back to L.A.... occasional one-shots are a possibility there too.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Well, I'm preparing to run some stuff over on roll20. I'll post more here once I get closer to the planned time.

Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Casts raise thread

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a Roll20 BFRPG campaign or a series of one shots? I thought I would gauge interest from the members of the forums, as well as the Roll20 player base.

One last question (I'll be done then, I promise). Early in this thread, I noticed mention of BFRPG Group over on Roll20. I haven't been able to find anything of the sort over there. Does it no longer exist?
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Sir Daggerford wrote:Casts raise thread

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a Roll20 BFRPG campaign or a series of one shots? I thought I would gauge interest from the members of the forums, as well as the Roll20 player base.

One last question (I'll be done then, I promise). Early in this thread, I noticed mention of BFRPG Group over on Roll20. I haven't been able to find anything of the sort over there. Does it no longer exist?
I'm tentatively eager to try playing the game, though I'd need to know times and days that the games would be ran on, plus what supplements would be used.
Tree Ant

Post by Tree Ant »

I deleted the one-shot group. There were a large group of eager players joining, but no games were run for over a year.

However, there is a decent size BFRPG following on roll20 that can be found via "looking for group". I would recommend using that to find a BFRPG game. (Also networking on this website, dragonsfoot, and other OSR websites can work too).