Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Dimirag

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
BardHarlock

Post by BardHarlock »

Hello, Vancian Copyist. I am new to these fora as well. No need to apologize for being from the UK. BFRPG is a great system, especially for those of us that prefer the narrative and story to be the focus rather than tedious rules that slow everything down. Also, Mr. Gonnerman's Primer is an excellent resource for new and old gamers alike. Welcome, welcome!
Vancian Copyist 1

Post by Vancian Copyist 1 »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

As time went on, and games (D&D essentially) got more complicated toward the mid-to-late '90s, I found it less and less entertaining to run sessions. I have no interest in learning endless rules across multiple books all of which simply add or subtract a small number from the role of a d20. And working out optimum challenge ratings and XP at the level of the encounter is not at all fun for me. Whereas Basic Fantasy, is!

Looking forward to learning and sharing stuff here.
tzi89

Post by tzi89 »

Hey everyone!

Basic Fantasy RPG so far seems to be the perfect ruleset for my campaign world. While I am not exactly someone knowledgeable about "Old School," D&D (Far too young) and 3.5 and beyond is all I know, I've been hunting for a long time for a simple, less rules heavy edition that was akin enough to 3.5e (the first edition I learned) but with as few classes and rule creep and bloat as possible.

I am working towards finishing a degree in History and love incorporating antiquity, as well as a heaping amount of Conan the Barbarian in my setting, so far this rule system seems perfect for this setting I've built that has long sought a home.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome! 8-) Here you'll find one of the friendliest and laid-back OSR communities. Many here apply all kinds of crazy customization to their games (I personally don't and wouldn't be a big help on that heh) but I know others can gladly help you massage the rules and supplements to create your perfect game.
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

Hello everyone.

I just joined the forums today. I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome Marcel :)
MONSIUM

Post by MONSIUM »

Welcome to all new guys here. Myself newbie too. Nice to have a chat with you. lol
magicedit

Post by magicedit »

Hey everyone, I was trying to decide on a system for a new campaign after a long hiatus from TTRPGs. So, I came here on a recommendation from Living 4 Crits, and got sucked into participating immediately. The funny thing is I might not even use the system for my campaign :lol: , but my experience with this community has been so positive I'm hoping to be able to contribute to it for a while :mrgreen:.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome! BFRPG Forums has a lot of creativity in its forums, even if you don't use the system. Lot of good people too, no wonder you jumped right in. :D
Be well,
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.