Let me tell you about my day...

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Let me tell you about my day...

Post by Solomoriah »

It was a long one.

Head-on collision between my cute little Pontiac Vibe hatchback and a full-sized pickup truck. He cut a corner really short, and hit me nose-to-nose.

If anyone wants all the gory (well, not so much, unless you count my car) details, here's my blog post on the subject: http://ourstories.gonnerman.org/?p=23
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Re: Let me tell you about my day...

Post by SmootRK »

That is awful! I am glad you are not hurt in a substantial way. Did the other vehicle driver/passenger suffer anything?

I am an EMT and believe me you are very lucky. I have had to deal with situations with injuries and even death from similar crash situations. You had some good Karma in that situation; could have been so much worse.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't know if the people from the other vehicle were hurt, but they seemed a lot better off than I was at the scene.

Karma, yeah, but it was the good car that really counted. My little Vibe gave its life for me.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Glad to hear you are OK!
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Indeed, glad to hear that you were not seriously injured!
I hope those cuts and bruises heal fast.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I'm glad to hear that you are OK, things can be replaced, people and especially friends are impossible to replace. Take care.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Glad to hear you're OK.
Koren_nRhys

Post by Koren_nRhys »

Scary business indeed. My 16yo daughter totaled her 2014 Ford Escape late last summer - hit head on at an intersection almost like you. Amazingly, her and all three friends with her walked away with just scrapes and bruises. Could have so easily been much, much worse.
hjmartin70

Post by hjmartin70 »

The accident survivability of modern small cars is incredible. My mom was in an offset head on collision at highway speeds (closing speed well over 100mph) in a 2000 Geo Metro and survived. The engine wound up under the passenger compartment. The passenger was unharmed but we nearly lost mom. That she survived at all was due to the way the car crumpled around her, preventing serious injuries to the core of her body.
BTW, don't drive while impaired. The asshat that crossed the centerline and nearly killed my mom was over the legal limit for alcohol and had opiates in his system at the time of the wreck.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Today I think I'm through the worst of it, though it's going to be a while before the damaged cartilage in my right chest area heals enough to make my right arm work correctly. Really, I'm as close to unharmed as I can imagine being, given the condition of my car:
20170126_160235-vibe-damage-small.jpg
20170126_160235-vibe-damage-small.jpg (220.97 KiB) Viewed 7065 times