Two questions

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hywaywolf

Re: Two questions

Post by Hywaywolf »

This may be a radical idea, but if you have people who aren't interested in starting out characters as "weak" as old school PCs you might start them out with 5k experience each. I am not sure what BFRPG modules might fit that level, but if you could find Night's Dark Terror (TSR's "Special Basic/Expert Transition Module for Levels 2-4")'. This module was created to introduce the Expert rules, including wilderness rules, to the Basic rules previously published. It combines dungeoneering with wilderness travel and has several big "sand boxes" that the players travel through one after the other to eventually come to the big climax.

http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2010/09/ ... error.html
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Give 'em 5,000 XP plus any bonus for race, and start them out in Morgansfort. The Olde Island Fortress may still claim a few of them... it's tougher than I intended. For that matter, Nameless and Cave of the Unknown can be pretty tough too if they aren't careful.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
kerc

Post by kerc »

Solomoriah wrote:Give 'em 5,000 XP plus any bonus for race, and start them out in Morgansfort. The Olde Island Fortress may still claim a few of them... it's tougher than I intended. For that matter, Nameless and Cave of the Unknown can be pretty tough too if they aren't careful.
Agreed. My kids have learned to be way smarter in their gameplay and decision-making with that module. The flammable dust room was a good lesson that almost killed two PCs...
Kerc | Dice Pencil & Paper | @dicepencilpaper
m0rdant

Post by m0rdant »

I hope it is alright that I jump in here with a question on Morgansfort and the Old Island Fort. Is there a map or picture of what the surface level ruins look like for the Old Island Fort?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

There is no such map. I'm open to one being submitted though.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org