BFRPG-LFG: Brave New World (pbp campaign)

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
hereathome

BFRPG-LFG: Brave New World (pbp campaign)

Post by hereathome »

This is for a BFRPG play-by-post game in this forum. Please read the following and then post in reply if interested in playing. Also feel free to ask any questions in this thread.

Al player character races are from the “Monsters as Player Characters” supplement available on the Downloads page. Your character starts play having reached 0 XP and chosen a class. The negative XP portion of your character’s life was your char trying out various classes and retaining a little bit from them, as well as learning about life and finding their own place in the civilized world. Some minor adventuring as helper to an experienced adventurer was involved. Your char gets to try out one training class per negative 1,500 of XP.

Here are the available races:

Bugbear
Caveman
Centaur
Gnoll
Lizard Man
Ogre
Troglodyte

Characters must be created and played true to race, with adjustment for how your character has changed during their development period. Of course, there will be combat, but there will be some RP depending on your player preferences.

Your character will start solo but may have adventuring companion NPCs I control. Player characters will have a chance to meet down the road once there is a play history.
Wulfnor

Re: BFRPG-LFG: Brave New World (pbp campaign)

Post by Wulfnor »

This is TheSnowpanther from RPOL. Just a thought, perhaps you should try first GMing a more traditional game. An try this sometime in the future, when you have established yourself here.
Wisdom & Courage!!!
<===)=+Wulfnor+=(===>
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I think it will be hard to get a PbP started here expecting each player to be played solo until sufficient "play history" is established (you should clarify that in this thread).
Longman

Post by Longman »

hereathome:

If you can't get a game running but you want to play in one, I have a spot free in my Monkey Isle game. (I have to limit my online RP activity these days, otherwise I'd join yours.)

Generally it's tricky to get them started and keep them going. I've lost 4 players out of 8 since I started Monkey Isle. I've also lost 2 out of 2 from another campaign.

I take it you already know RPOL. Unseen Servant is also a decent place to try.

Best of luck.