Posted my first video

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Posted my first video

Post by Solomoriah »

I just posted a video on Youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73TywYotnY

I'd like your honest opinions on it before I promote it on Facebook, G+, etc.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Cryanhall

Re: Posted my first video

Post by Cryanhall »

I thought it was great. I hope you do more. The practical example of why you use minis now versus theater of the mind was helpful. I never thought of it that way, but I bet it makes players a little more aware of where their character is physically in the room in relation to everything else that's going on.

In terms of technical issues, a little louder audio would be good, but I suppose it's better to have to turn it up than to have the levels too hot.

Keep 'em coming. I'd enjoy hearing how you adjudicate certain tricky game situations.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If I do another, I'll be recording with a different camera. Hopefully will resolve some of the quality issues... but I'll still be ugly, so there's that. :D
Caelestis

Post by Caelestis »

Hi,

I finally got chance to sit down and watch the video earlier and wanted to post some feedback.

The first section before the battery went the sound was feeling grainy, however the second part the following day had much better sound.

For me, and this is personal preference, I would have it as 2 videos. 1 on the contents of the bag and one on the miniatures/coins and the mat. I would have loved to see some more of that and some more of your examples which I thought were brilliant.

On the bit on the contents of the bag it would have been nice to get some cuts/closeups on the printouts you were showing as I couldn't make them out really well.

I loved the content though and I thought your presentation style comes across natural and really works.

Oh and I would also like to see more of the cats :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Caelestis wrote:Oh and I would also like to see more of the cats :)
Finally, someone noticed them!

:D

Thanks for the kind words. Just getting started here, not sure where (if anywhere) I'm going next.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks for the cool video. I have a couple of those cardboard heroes sets that I never used if your interested in trading?
Caelestis

Post by Caelestis »

For your first video it was really good. I think the most important thing is that you as an individual are engaging and you come across really well on the camera.

Things like editing, noise, cutting to close ups etc. are all added bonuses that just add to the experience. As I say you have the two most important things a video needs:

1) You come across well on camera.
2) You have cats!
The Angry Monk

Post by The Angry Monk »

I really enjoyed the video, Solo. I'm always interested in what other people use for gaming. I like the folksy charm of it. No need for fancy if you're delivering good info.

Thanks!
“It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.”
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Carl wrote:Thanks for the cool video. I have a couple of those cardboard heroes sets that I never used if your interested in trading?
Two questions: Are they already assembled, and what are you asking?
Carl

Post by Carl »

Solomoriah wrote:
Carl wrote:Thanks for the cool video. I have a couple of those cardboard heroes sets that I never used if your interested in trading?
Two questions: Are they already assembled, and what are you asking?
I'll PM