Fair fight?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hywaywolf

Re: Fair fight?

Post by Hywaywolf »

Just my simple opinion, but if your player group is complaining about not giving the enemy a fair fight and wanting to fight everything, then the DM is being much too lenient and probably saving the parties ass too much with fudged rolls and GM fiat that always works in the parties favor.
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Hywaywolf wrote:Just my simple opinion, but if your player group is complaining about not giving the enemy a fair fight and wanting to fight everything, then the DM is being much too lenient and probably saving the parties ass too much with fudged rolls and GM fiat that always works in the parties favor.
No, he' not fudging the rolls, they get the crap kicked out of them but they also have a bard "pacifist healer" that carries around tons of medical supplies and doesn't contribute to any fighting.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

when they get their asses kicked do they ever have to run away leaving valuable items behind? Do the "monsters" ever coup de gras any unconscious players? I guess what i am asking is if "getting the crap kicked out of them" actually does any harm or that they just lose hitpoints?
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Hywaywolf wrote:when they get their asses kicked do they ever have to run away leaving valuable items behind? Do the "monsters" ever coup de gras any unconscious players? I guess what i am asking is if "getting the crap kicked out of them" actually does any harm or that they just lose hitpoints?
They just lose hit points, right now we're fighting a green dragon. They stood around and argued about how to handle it, when it dropped down in the middle of them. I really pissed it off and continue to insult as it chases me into a tower. Hoping to bring the tower down on it and survive.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

so there is no real risk of losing anything in this campaign? No one dies. The enemy never runs off with a PC's +5 vorpal blade of fireball casting and endless wine creation? How could it ever be considered a fair fight when the only participants that ever risk anything is the other guy?
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Hywaywolf wrote:so there is no real risk of losing anything in this campaign? No one dies. The enemy never runs off with a PC's +5 vorpal blade of fireball casting and endless wine creation? How could it ever be considered a fair fight when the only participants that ever risk anything is the other guy?
I don't really care for 5E but I play the loose cannon and ruining the other player's best laid plans is actually fun. Since my character's heritage is from a lineage of mad wizards, he is more than likely to try to an for an alliance with the "enemy" or hire them on. I ticked them off when I rescued a goblin and now he is my manservant and cook. And I asked a powerful female necromancer for a date.(got a raincheck)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

bhyeti wrote:And I asked a powerful female necromancer for a date.(got a raincheck)
She's waiting for you to die...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:
bhyeti wrote:And I asked a powerful female necromancer for a date.(got a raincheck)
:D
Attachments
ididactuallylaughiswear.gif
ididactuallylaughiswear.gif (1.39 MiB) Viewed 4734 times
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Solomoriah wrote:
:lol: :twisted: :o