BFRPG Miniatures?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Sudsy

BFRPG Miniatures?

Post by Sudsy »

Random thought here. I've just recently registered at Cardboard Warriors and was looking at the number of free, and some pay, cardboard RPG miniatures and terrain there and got an idea.

My first thought, mainly focused on some of the art I've created, is to make cardboard print and play miniatures for BFRPG characters like Aura the Cleric. I think these could be a nice little item of artwork to add to this project and the downloads section. I've encountered a wide variety of games that have these miniatures (for example, the computer game Fallout: Tactics has a PDF of the Fallout Tactics Wargame with print and play miniatures; in the wargame world, Ground Zero Games and Amarillo Design Group both have cardboard miniatures for their starship combat games along with 'lite' rules to get the basics down and hook people into playing the larger miniatures rules and models).

My second though, long term, is that I'm learning to sculpt 28mm and 15mm figures. I might take a crack at BFRPG characters when I start making humans that look human in epoxy.

Obviously, I think the first thought is very doable. We have some great artists here who contributed awesome stuff to the Rulebook that got me hooked, and eventually drawing for BFRPG as well. A set of paper minis with the pre-generated characters just seems naturally to me.
Michael "Sudsy" Sutherland

Need some art? Check out these selected galleries for your gaming needs:
Photobucket OGL OSR images: http://photobucket.com/SudsysOGL
Sudsy's DA Gallery: http://sudsysutherland.deviantart.com/gallery/2194414
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BFRPG Miniatures?

Post by Solomoriah »

Actually, back around 2006 or 2007 I put together a set of fold-up figures (like Cardboard Heroes) using Steve Zieser's artwork. They were released on Dragonsfoot. I'm actually not sure where the source document went... I'll have to find it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org