The Lounge

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Mint

Re: The Lounge

Post by Mint »

I don't think Samantha had anything on the Pegasus other than the scientific gear already on the ship when she got there and the few personal items that she wouldn't have brought with her for what was planned to be a brief survey of the facility. "Lets see...I'm going down to the surface. Oh! Better bring my toothbrush with me."

Anything portable scientific wise that she could have conceivably have brought with her...I'd like to have if possible.

As for weapons...I don't think she even knows how to use a semi-auto.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Hmm... Amanda would have tried to arrange for something more hygienic than chamber pots, and spacing out the waste is very inefficient.

Can we get a map of the ship with the new parts labeled? The ship should have a galley, resting quarters, hot tub, engine room with Jeffries tubes, ...
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The compartment behind the bridge is longer and basically empty until you start opening the cabinets and other spaces built into the walls. Behind that is a small space that you assume is a sanitary closet, containing implements that I won't describe but which your characters would talk about wonderingly to tease the audience. Behind that is nothing, as far as you can tell... the space beyond has no interior door that you've been able to identify.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'm really at a loss as to what we should be doing...
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

This is the point in the show where the leader (Driscoll) should gather his staff and have a discussion about how to proceed. Driscoll is the only pilot and the only navigator on board, but the ship's systems are poorly understood at best. He knows how to maneuver, and he thinks he knows how to fly the ship under power, but beyond that he's not clear on operations. There is no engineer aboard, but Samantha can read the alien language, so she can be of some assistance in that arena. Amanda has experience in war zones, and is thus cool-headed (something that Samantha has not been tested on yet).

As it stands, you've been trying to be the boss and give a lot of orders. Try playing like Picard instead. (Or Riker, given Driscoll's position.) It will take the enemy ship a while to get to you, as they are at least 8 light minutes away; making a wormhole jump of that distance is a bit of a crapshoot, so they probably won't try it; odds are fair that they might emerge even further from you than they are now. So you have time for a conference.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... by the way, the standard procedure when facing an enemy ship which is in a superior condition or status is to pop a wormhole and leave... but to do that, first you need to know where you are, so you can sight in on another star to jump to.
Woe

Post by Woe »

And Amanda's father was a crack ace in WWII followed by a commander of an air wing, so she probably can help out on the tactics front too.

If only Solo would give me torpedoes to fire!
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I apologize I'm kind slow on the uptake of this game; I am actually working on drafts of a couple different TSGS documents for mystery, horror, etc. and hope to email to Chris if I can get them finished in a timely manner.
Woe

Post by Woe »

TSGS?
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Simple Game System, the mechanics of which I use behind the scenes in Space Force. In tabletop play, you'd roll your own dice; I find it works better online if I do all that behind the scenes.

TSGS is my response to Risus, actually.