The Signal (Episode 3)

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Episode 3: A Routine Survey

Post by Solomoriah »

Pegasus is in a lower orbit, which will allow it to overtake the ship you're on; so it will be alongside at the time Steele said, but out of communication for roughly half the orbit it takes to get there. But don't check my math, it probably should have been more than 15 minutes.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Samantha, can you get the airlock working? Looks like the capt'n will be coming aboard."
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

"Let me see if I can find the controls." says Samantha, putting down her journal.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The airlock controls which had puzzled the engineer were perfectly clear to Samantha. Watching the oddly-colored display showing the interior of the airlock, she cycled the outer door open to admit the Captain upon his arrival.

Pegasus is still a few minutes out. Will Samantha try Scott's suggestion regarding slowly ramping up the artificial gravity?

BTW one of the small instruments Samantha carries in her bag can be used to verify the gravity level... it's a basic strain-gauge scale with a known weight, marked in fractions and multiples of one Earth G.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Samantha gingerly and with commensurate caution starts increasing the gravity increment by increment, referring often to her strain gauge and giving the artificial gravity time to settle in at each increase.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Samantha advanced the gravity controls in steps of one-sixteenth until at nine-sixteenths her gauge indicated 0.9 G.

"This is Pegasus on approach," came the radio call. "I see your outer hatch is open. As soon as I match orbit, I'll bring over your suits. An status updates I need to know about?"
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Yessir. We've also been able to restore artificial gravity and think we can cycle the airlock. Our scientist is a wiz in this ship. I think if we give her a few more minutes, she'll be able to restore the main power AND make us some fresh coffee."
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

Samantha splutters to herself, make coffee? The moment passes and she busily goes back to making her lexicon and labeling controls and looking to see what's where.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Scott makes a circuit of the bridge reinspecting the instrument panels now that Samantha has put English labels next to the controls. He looks for the engineering station as well as the nav station. He isn't a trained navigator but he has had some limited familiarity with them when he did bridge duty on the Military Spacelift Command Ships (civilian crewed ships owned/leased y the military) he served on prior to joining the fleet.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Because Sam and Scott seem to have the ship operations well under control, Amanda considers offering to help, but decides first to check on her other patient, Driscoll. After that, she'll want to quickly diagnose Scott to ensure he doesn't have a concussion or other ill effects. Once she's done checking in on the wounded, she'll see whether she can help create that coffee.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot