Chapter 1-2: snowblinder

SerGavin's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: SerGavin

Jandolar

Re: Chapter 1-2: snowblinder

Post by Jandolar »

Looking to Simon and Yon Ladies first huh? Well... ok. Reese will step slowly past her companions and head down the stairs, bow readied and searching for a target. Simon, sweets if something odd comes into your line of sight do me a favor and whistle, your stutter may take too long for me to decipher......

Reese is doing her best sneak, silent, hide in any kind of shadows, approach to the situation.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Stealthily Reese makes her way down the frost encrusted stairs wincing at every creak and scuff on the way down. Snowflakes swirl through the tight stairway and settle eerily upon the wooden boards muffling the already quite footsteps of the Halfling creeping down the stairs.

As Reese nears the end of the stairway it becomes slippery and hard and after brushing away the small layer of flakes covering the floorboards, a fresh blanket of snow already forming over it she reveals a layer of stark red ice thick on the stairs, further searching reveals the stairs below her and indeed the very walls and ceiling are coated in this as well. the simple connotations behind this simple revelation send shivers down Reeses spine and a fresh flurry of snow blasts up from below with a particularly cold blast of wind that cuts through to her very bones, cold biting bitterly upon any exposed skin it can find. Thankfully the clothes she is wearing protect Reese from the worst of it.

Reaching the bottom of the steps a ghastly visage unfolds before her, paralysing yet also entrancing by its beautiful and brutal simplicity. The room now little resembles the cosy and cheerful tavern of the night before, ice snow and frost in equal part smother and encrust all surfaces, long dagger like icicles cling uneasily to the ceiling as the low ceiling is misshapen by ice in clumps some parts having buckled under some unknown force long jagged wooden fragments protrude like the spears of a frozen legion from the ground stuck hard and covered in ice. Trails of blood marr the otherwise virgin snow and the door on the far side of the room has been shorn in half and is dangling at a precarious angle off its hinges stuck in place by the icy tendrils that now embrace it as the other half rather neatly impales the frozen and drained corpse of the innkeeper to the bar.

other corpses litter and adorn the floor ceiling and walls in various and grotesque poses, a mocking imitation of what they once were in life, limbs strewn here and there and all of it cold and silent as the snow flurrys in through the wounded doorway.

In the middle of the room secured to a wooden pole, by large spikes of ice tainted with frozen blood, is a surprisingly intact figure wearing the cloak of the group from the previous night. blood slowly drips from its wrists and ankles onto the red snow.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

SerGavin wrote:
In the middle of the room secured to a wooden pole, by large spikes of ice tainted with frozen blood, is a surprisingly intact figure wearing the cloak of the group from the previous night. blood slowly drips from its wrists and ankles onto the red snow.
Reese will approach this one and check for signs of life, dripping blood usually indicates a figure still alive or recently deceased. If she finds no life left in this one she'll ransack his pockets and pack (if he has one) for any coins or anything that might indicate his purpose for being her. If she finds that he is still alive she'll yell for Yon to come and heal him.

If no signs of life this is her action:
Yon! Simon! Get down her please. I see no danger but this place is a mess. Once her companions are on the ground floor she will begin going through the pockets of the dead and collecting any coin they have on them. She'll also go behind the bar and collect any coin there. Friends I know it seems odd to loot the dead but they have no use for any of it any longer and we can use the coin to get what we need on the trail. Take anything you feel will help us. Yon.. um.. perhaps some words of wisdom or faith will help here? A prayer for the fallen? Do we send them off by burning the tavern or try to bury them in the frozen turf outside?

If there are signs of life this is her action:
Yon!!! Get down here!! There is a man in need of healing!She'll then shoulder her bow and try to figure out how to get the man down and into a better position for healing and comfort.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

As Reese sneaks up to the body, fresh snow crunching quietly beneath her feat she hears a faint ragged breathing and can see faint clouds of breath drifting out from behind the hood.

The air is cloyed with the scent of blood and snowflakes spiral inwards from the gaping doorway. from outside Reese hears a faint ghastly, inhuman cry from out there in the snow. it sends shivers down her spine. as she looks around, the room suddenly drops in temperature noticeably even from the freezing temperature it was before. her breath clouds quickly in the air then solidify and drop to the floor as ice. the walls of what used to be the tavern groan and creak as the ice claims it ever more. frost falls from the ceiling and a few icicles give up their cold grip and plummet to the ground. the floor shifts and from somewhere below you hear the sound of ice splintering.

Then, like an otherworldly vision, the snow drifting in the air takes on a non-random pattern and it begins to collect from the air into a ghostly figure vaguely resembling a human. as more and more snow collects the figure begins to harden into ice blurry features made up of a shifting cloud of snow becomes sharp defined and smooth. the shape of a mockery of a human head twisted cold and faceted, shining as if reflecting a sullen blue light that for Reese does not exist. Its body defines itself as being clad in glass-like clear plates and its arms lengthen and sharpen into blades, long smooth and deadly. its legs become similar to its armed but hooked and bent twice like a dogs. faceted like a diamond, gleaming streaks of white lightning course inside it like veins and it fixes its featureless gaze on Reese. With a voice clear like a struck crystal goblet it intones "Those who meddle in affairs more ancient than even the gods must perish, you will freeze in the cold alone and helpless, all that you know shall be rent asunder and the sun itself will die. then our work shall be done, too long have we slept and too long has our vengeance been delayed. you children must pay for your fathers sins and pay you will...Now DIE!

It Screams and charges towards Reese as Yon and simon reach the bottom of the stairs.
Irvius

Post by Irvius »

That was the first time. The first time Yon saw something so obscene and creepy, so wrong, so ill...
Not only the view of Reese in imminent danger, but also an inner abhorrence for everything made by evil means made him assume the charge posture.

In the subsequent fractions of time he makes sure to have a direct path toward the icy creature, if so, Yon will unleash the most powerful charge permitted by the frosty environment toward the creature.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

The Ice creature charges towards Reese its hooked Feet leaving no marks upon the snow, Reese hurries to draw her sword and dagger and just manages as the creature is upon her, The creature slices at her sternum with its right arm-blade but Reese, with extreme grace and skill, ducks underneath and slices at the back of the creature with her sword. The blade impacts into its back and small chips of ice fly everywhere showering Reese with small shards. The creature screams and turns quickly Impaling Reese with its left blade, plunging into Reese's stomach and out through her back soaked in blood. Blood spurts from the wound and weakly she coughs up blood. Lifting Reese into the air it prepares to Finish her off as Yon collides with the creature bodily crashing his Greatsword through the creature. Reese is flung away and collides with the bar unconscious. Yons Greatsword bites into the creature slashing deep into its side it rings like a bell and screams again wildly slashing against Yon its first attack slices through the air as Yon deftly dodges but its second attack impacts heavily upon his left shoulder carving off a chunk of flesh and spraying blood into the air Yons vision blurs and he nearly fades into unconsciousness but remembering his task he pulls himself together just in time to parry a stab from the creature. (creature rolls a 1) Yon drives his sword through the creatures arm near the end and pulls away. Seeing this opportunity Simon leaps from the Stairs and brings his longsword down on the creatures arm Severing it at the shoulder. The creature screams again.

End of round one.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Reese hits the bar and as the light fades all she can think is MOTHER OF GOD! What the hell just hit me?? As all grows dark Simon you stuttering ass you better get me out of this.......
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Simon sees the wraith and hesitates for a few seconds wondering if his eyes have started playing tricks on him again. He decides that a true warrior would defend the others. He looks at the creature and jumps towards it bringing his sword down on its arm. Hearing the creature scream in pain he grins, and raises his shield. Realizing that the others all tried to attack, He would fight defensively till another opportunity for him to attack arrives. (I think that's what it's called I don't have the rule book nearby..Also my Wi-fi was out for most of today so I couldn't respond as fast I wanted too)
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

The Ice Creature deftly stabs towards Yons face as he ducks underneath hacking with his sword and manoeuvring around causing the creature to expose its back to simon. Yons blade carves into the ice creatures armoured chest pulverising the faceted surface and showering ice shaving into the air like a fine mist of white blood.

Simon seizes upon the opportunity of the exposed back of the creature and griping the hilt of his sword firmly lunges at the the creatures undefended flank (20!) simons sword gleams in the cold air as it shatterers the creatures sternum causing plates of ice to surge forwards flex and shatter sending cracks fracturing throughout its body twisting and screaming the creatures body rings like a crystal and emits a high pitched whine that quickly increases in pitch rapidly and the creature glows brightly before shattering into millions of pieces knocking simon and yon off their feet and sending a shock rippling throughout the room.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Simon sits up and looks around the room he feels a bit of pried that he killed the creature but, that is short lived when he sees Reese collapsed by the bar, He stands up and starts walking toward Reese then stops, looks at the man secured to the wooden pole and takes a few steps toward him. He hesitates and stands there not really knowing what to do. He walks over to Yon kneeling down beside him he there is a faint edge of panic in his voice, "Ca-ca-ca-can y-y-you help m-m-me? I d-d-don't kn-kn-know what t-t-to d-d-do." he looks back at Reese, "I th-th-think R-r-r-reese is d-d-d-dying I do-do-don't kn-kn-know."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale