Chapter 5: All Aboard the Ark-Ari

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

quozl

Re: Chapter 5: All Aboard the Ark-Ari

Post by quozl »

YC would like to use his new Qi power Speak With Animals to ask the sharks what the sea dragon is looking for.

Greetings, fellow warriors. The dragon has sent me here. Do you know what it might be looking for?
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Rostam readies his bow in case any sea creatures want to make trouble (and happen to be near the surface). He tries to keep track where Yuan-Cheng and Elias are under water.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I'm using the Rule of Cool here because this is a good idea, and I'm saying that sign language will function with the sharks to a limited degree. You can't actually speak underwater with the power.

The sharks begin approaching YC, circling about him tightly. They are not unfriendly. Several of them seem to know what he is asking, and duck down towards the treasure below, poking one of the chests with their noses. TC realises there is a considerable amount of material in the wreck.

The dragon watches with interest, a gleeful look in its eye.

The turtle-man looks at YC and shrugs. He uses sign language to suggest you both swim down to the treasure.
quozl

Post by quozl »

I'm guessing there are sections in the wreck where the treasure is that are too small for the dragon to fit into. YC will try to look for an area like that and swim there.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Sorry about the wait. I guess no one else can really do much - - -

The big monk swimms down to the wreck with the turttleman and finds what looks like silver pieces from Cathay in large quantaties, having spilled out of a broken chest. There There is also silverware (goblets and playes and cutlery). The total value could be 5,000gp but would take you a few days to get it all up and clean it. There's also other stuff like silks and bottles and spices, now ruined by being underwater.

One large metallic chest remains, covered in verdigris. Looks like it was chained to the walls of the ship at one point.

The dragon can actually acess the treasure area. He seems uninterested in anything but the big chest.
quozl

Post by quozl »

OK, can we swim with the chest and bring it up or do we need to lower a rope?
Longman

Post by Longman »

You'll need a rope, or at least a trip to the surface to get your breath back. I'll consider that done if I don't ear from anyone by tomorrow.
quozl

Post by quozl »

YC will go back to the surface and let the others know about the big chest and that the dragon seems to want it.

What shall we do?
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Maybe we can get the chest up there and split the content with the dragon ?"
quozl

Post by quozl »

The dragon is not making his desires known, which makes even taking the treasure on board dangerous. Would it be possible to tow it to land?