2nd Chapter: Into the Darkness

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

2nd Chapter: Into the Darkness

Post by Solomoriah »

The adventurers moved cautiously into the cave. It was narrow, just a bit more than six feet wide, but only ten or so feet inside it widened and became more regular. In fact, it appeared the corridor beyond had been cut from the living stone; it was ten feet or so in width, and ten feet up. Every ten feet or so was a heavy timber frame, evidently holding up the ceiling.

Who has/needs light? How will you proceed?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Longman

Re: 2nd Chapter: Into the Darkness

Post by Longman »

Hengist: "Elf-mage, may I suggest that you lend your lantern to the magician Alphonse here? You seem to be the only one of our party who has one. Alphonse, will you carry it? The rest of us will need both hands if battle arises.

If all are agreed, I think we should all stay close together, and Faylen should be careful to look for traps as he goes. Ranald here will also see if he can detect such things as we pass by."

OOC - @Solo: will one lantern in our third rank be enough?
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Of course. I don't think I want much light anyway. Faylen hands the lantern to Alphonse.

Rowan takes up his position. We should keep speaking to a minimum while we are here. We don't know who, or what, might be listening.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Longman wrote:OOC - @Solo: will one lantern in our third rank be enough?
Maybe. You lose probably 5 to 10 feet of forward viewing by not having it in the front row.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Thanks Faylen, I'll try my best to light up the way to you in front"
Longman

Post by Longman »

Once the lantern has been lit and handed to the magician, the group proceeds to enter the cave at a cautious pace. The elf is occupied with searching for traps in likely places as we go, while the dwarf is busy trying to ensure that the ceiling is not about to collapse, or noticing any other interesting features of the underground environment.

Hengist readies his halberd. Ranald still has his crossbow out.

(Edited to put in present tense. Still getting into that habit.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The party advanced into the dark tunnel for a ways, before coming to a branch in the corridor. Ahead twenty feet lay an old and decrepit-looking door, while to their left the tunnel proceeded out of sight into the darkness.
map001.png
map001.png (3.41 KiB) Viewed 13234 times
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Alphonse, whispering to Ranald : "Hey dwarf, please listen to the door to make sure there is nothing living there."
Longman

Post by Longman »

Oh, fine and very good. But why can't the little pointy ears do it? No point having those pointy ears if you never point em at nothing, wot?

(OOC - Ranald is in the rear. Faylen can hear noise very well, and is at the front.)
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Ok, keep an eye out behind me. Faylen will first check the door for any traps that may trigger. In the event she finds none she will proceed to listen at the door.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.