Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Everhome is a world full of adventure and glory. Only the brave dare to seek it. Are you among them?

Moderator: Sir Daggerford

Sir Daggerford

Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Post by Sir Daggerford »

The crisp air of early autumn swirls around you as you make your way along the road. Ahead you can see a village nestled among the wooded hills of northern-western Jeraf. Your travels have brought you to the Principality of Valleerubis, ruled by Prince Tiralon the Sixth. You met on the road a few days ago, and have decided to travel together for a time. Before you now lies the Village of Epiceadale. As you get closer, you can see the land around the village is flatter than the hills that cover most of the area. The village is surrounded by a ring of farms and fields. You can see many people out in the fields, busy with the harvest.

At last, you arrive in the village proper itself. You pass various houses, as well as a carpenter's and a blacksmith's shops. A few villagers going about their business look up as you pass, with the occasional smile or nod. In the center of the village is a small square of sorts (though this is rather oxymoronic, as it is more of a circle). A well is built in the center, and you notice both an inn and a temple among the buildings which form a ring around the square. Above the door to the inn, a sign proclaims "The Inn of the Bubbly Minstrel."

In the square itself, people are bustling about, setting up stands and booths of various sorts, as well as what appears to be a podium of sorts. A man approaches you after a moment, and waves his hand in greeting. "Hello travelers. Welcome to Epiceadale! My name's Tom. Tom Wright. Who might you folk be?"
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
Hexamer47

Re: Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Post by Hexamer47 »

Hello, good sir! My name is Barros, a wanderer in search of his next adventure and drink. My companions and I met recently while traveling. I will not be so forward as to speak for them and will let them introduce themselves in turn. Looks like you good folk might be preparing for festival or something of that nature, from the looks of the booths and such going up. Might I inquire if that is in fact the case?
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

"Well met, Mr. Wright!"

Arkus takes off his hat and performs a complicated bow that makes his rapier stick out in the back.
The effect is quite comical, since his clothes - while cut like a courtiers - are little more than rags with puffy sleeves.
Regularly sleeping rough during the last few weeks has certainly not improved his appearance.

"My name is Arkus and like my companions, I am not from these parts and require food and lodging for the night. That looks like a proper inn over there, so it seems we came to the right place."

Since Barros has already asked about the preparations taking place, Arkus will merely watch the goings-on with obvious curiosity.
kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

Phelan greets Tom but it appears more like a grunt than a greeting. Meanwhile she looks closer at the temple as it has been quite some time since she has been to worship.
Phelan
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

"Well met, good sir Wright. I am Cael. If I may ask, at what cost are your rooms and meals? I need a place to rest."

Pulling back a hood to reveal his noble features, Cael looks around. "As my companion asked, is a festival soon to commence?"
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

"It is good to meet all of you" Tom says with a smile. "We are indeed preparing for our harvest festival. You've arrived just in time for it! It starts tomorrow morn, and the celebrations last for three joyous days! If you're not in too much of a rush, you really should consider joining us for at least part of the festival. The more, the merrier, you know!"

He then turns and motions in the direction of the inn. "That is indeed our local establishment as far as inns and taverns go. A fine place, my good folk. If you seek a place to stay for the night, seek no further! The Inn of the Bubbly Minstrel will surely satisfy all of your needs! As far as the prices at the inn, you should probably speak to the innkeeper William about that. You'll find him behind the bar in the common room."
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

Phelan addresses her newfound companions:
"I must present myself at the temple. Perhaps I will see you again at the inn."

Despite her gruffness, she has appreciated the company of the group as she has traveled alone far too long.
Phelan
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros addresses Tom once again, "Thanks for the warm Welcome and information. We will see what comes tomorrow Morn, though I rarely stay in one place for long."

To Phelan, "Until later then my friend, may your devotions bring you peace and comfort."

Barros turns to the remainder of his travel companions, "Anyone else up for refreshment and rest?"

With that Barros heads to the Bubbly Minstrel to find the Innkeeper and to see what his meager funds can buy in the way of a hot meal. (Musing to himself that Innkeepers are also always a good way to hear of rumors of possible adventure.)
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Giving the man a courteous bow, Cael turns to his fellows. "Phelan, I shall see you momentarily then." Turnjng back to Barros, the Elf grins widely.

"Lead the way Barros! I would like to rest my legs and get a proper meal in me." Cael will then follow Barros to the Bubbly Minstrel.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

"Ah yes, the temple or the tavern. I am afraid, the tavern wins by a small margin.

Hope to see you again soon, Mr. Wright."

Grinning, Arkus turns towards the Bubbly Minstrel and hurries to catch up with Barros.

Inside the tavern, he will hang back for a while and casually observe the guests, trying to gauge in particular if any of them are rich, important, or maybe the type that knows about an opportunity for less-than-honest work.