AA1.6: Characters

A forum to play test using a Play - by - Post (PBP) format the Adventure Anthology series found on basicfantasy.org.

Moderator: Rosisha

Rosisha

Re: AA1.6: Characters

Post by Rosisha »

Yes yes! Sorry, massive headache today. I have been napping! I am now ready to post some stats :D

Hit Points first (For Mordy!):
16 (9, 7)

Stats Next (For Crypty:):
STR: 11 (6, 3, 2)
DEX: 11 (4, 5, 2)
CON: 11 (4, 6, 1)
INT: 14 (5, 5, 4)
WIS: 15 (4, 5, 6)
CHR: 7 (3, 2, 2)

Ouch. Sorry about the Chr, but the other stats are good!
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

Rosisha wrote:Yes yes! Sorry, massive headache today. I have been napping! I am now ready to post some stats :D

Hit Points first (For Mordy!):
16 (9, 7)

Stats Next (For Crypty:):
STR: 11 (6, 3, 2)
DEX: 11 (4, 5, 2)
CON: 11 (4, 6, 1)
INT: 14 (5, 5, 4)
WIS: 15 (4, 5, 6)
CHR: 7 (3, 2, 2)

Ouch. Sorry about the Chr, but the other stats are good!

Minor point, but you had said earlier
and then you get max hit points for first level, and I'll roll all necessary levels after that.
so I think I need just 1 die
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Alright, this will be interesting for me as I have always been intrigued by the Druid Supplement and have always wanted to try it, however, with the current game I am playing with Solo, I do not get the chance to change characters. So, here we go, this is what I have come up with thus far. Please let me know if it will work, and there are 2 questions at the end that I would appreciate if someone could help me out on.

I noticed that you allowed a magic chainmail, are we allowed to purchase other magical items, such as a magical Scimitar or magical leather armor (preferably)? Just curious, I can always change what I'm buying if this is allowed, being a cleric, I don't necessarily need the healing potions, just had bought them to lighten the load I was carrying.

Character Name: Kogan Mumli (Thanks to Solo’s name generator)
Race: Dwarf
Class: Druid
Level: 2
XP: 1,500

History:
Kogan has always been sort of a loner dwarf, not fitting in well with the others his age, growing up with them always making fun of him. When he was young he got adventurous and stumbled upon a group of underground Druids. Being very intrigued, he began talking with them and they eventually took him in and, feeling the call, began teaching him the way of a Druid. He eventually came to a point where the other Druids thought it would be wise for him to travel the world for a bit and get some real life experiences, and thus he backed up and set out on his way. Before leaving the Druids gave Kogan a nice fancy set of leather armor and a Scimitar, and ever since, it has become his signature weapon.

Height: 4'2"
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown, Braided
Eyes: Brown
Complexion: Ruddy

Languages: Dwarvish, Common

Abilities:
STR: 11
DEX: 11
CON: 11
INT: 14
WIS: 15
CHR: 7

Special Abilities:
Darkvision with a 60' range
Turn or Befriend Animals

Armor Class: 13 +1 (for Armor) = 14
Hit Points: 10
Base attack bonus: +1
Attack bonus (melee): +1
Attack bonus (ranged): +1
Movement Rate: 30' per round

Saving Throws:
Death Ray or Poison: 6
Magic Wands: 7
Paralysis or Petrify: 9
Dragon Breath: 12
Spells: 10

Dwarves save at +4 vs. Death Ray or Poison, Magic Wands, Paralysis or Petrify, and Spells, and at +3 vs. Dragon Breath.

Spells:
I’m going off of the Druid Supplement for my spells.
First Level Druid Spells
1 Animal Friendship
2 Create Water
3 Cure Light Wounds*
4 Detect Magic
5 Detect Snares and Pits
6 Entangle
7 Light*
8 Pass Without Trace

Starting coins before equipment purchases: 900 gp.

Code: Select all

Equipment Carried:			Cost:			Weight:	Damage:	Range:

Armor:
Magic Leather Armor +1					 		15

Weapons:
Scimitar							10 gp			M 4		 1d8
Shortbow							25 gp			M 2					50 100 150
Shortbow Arrow (x 16)			1 sp (16 sp)	*		 1d6
Silver† Shortbow Arrow (x 4)  2 gp (8 gp)    *		 1d6

Adventuring Gear:
Backpack							 4 gp			  *
Quiver or Bolt case			  1 gp			  1
Rations, Dry, one week		 10 gp			 14
Wineskin/Waterskin (x 2)		1 gp (2gp)	  2 (4)
Winter blanket					 1 gp			  3
Torches, 6						  1 gp			  1
Tinderbox, flint and steel	 3 gp			  1
Oil (per flask) (x 3)			1 gp (3gp)	  1 (3)
Holy Water, per vial (x 5)	10 gp (50gp)	 *
Holy Symbol						25 gp			  *
Iron Spikes, 12					1 gp			  1
Healing potion (x 3)			100gp (300gp)	1 (3)

Treasure:
	Coins: 
		PP:		15									1.5
		GP:		 8									0.8
		EP:		 0									  0
		SP:		 4									0.4
		CP:		 0									  0
Questions:
1. If I’m reading right, I should get 1 1st level spells at my current 2nd level character. Correct? I’m used to having a bonus spell table when playing at solo’s based on project 74.
2. Since I have only made characters for project 74, can someone help me out and check over my Armor Class and Saving Throws, and then help me figure out my Attack Bonuses if any and movement rate?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Last edited by crazycrypt on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mak

Post by Mak »

crazycrypt wrote: Questions:
1. If I’m reading right, I should get 1 1st level spells at my current 2nd level character. Correct? I’m used to having a bonus spell table when playing at solo’s based on project 74.
2. Since I have only made characters for project 74, can someone help me out and check over my Armor Class and Saving Throws, and then help me figure out my Attack Bonuses if any and movement rate?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Kogan looks great! I've excited to see the druid class in action.

To address your questions:
1. Yeah, that seems to be the case: first spell comes at second level. An old classic D&D convention.
2. At first glance I was amazed by Kogan's saving throws, so I double-checked, .... you got them right, though. Dwarf clerics are awesome in that regard! Kogan's gonna be our bulwark against enemy spellcasters, I can see that right now. Actually, he should probably just walk in front and set off traps, too! :)

His base attack bonus will be +1, and no Str or Dex modifiers apply, so that'll be the same for melee and ranged attacks.
Movement rate will be 30' per round due to the leather armour, but that may decrease if Kogan becomes heavily loaded. He can carry up to 60 lbs total before that happens. Just remember that 15 of those 60 are already taken up by the weight of the leather armour, so in practice he can only carry an additional 45 lbs of gear and still move at 30' per round.

No bonus spells in core BFRPG, but it'll be up to Rosisha to decide.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Mak wrote:Kogan looks great! I've excited to see the druid class in action.

To address your questions:
1. Yeah, that seems to be the case: first spell comes at second level. An old classic D&D convention.
2. At first glance I was amazed by Kogan's saving throws, so I double-checked, .... you got them right, though. Dwarf clerics are awesome in that regard! Kogan's gonna be our bulwark against enemy spellcasters, I can see that right now. Actually, he should probably just walk in front and set off traps, too! :)

His base attack bonus will be +1, and no Str or Dex modifiers apply, so that'll be the same for melee and ranged attacks.
Movement rate will be 30' per round due to the leather armour, but that may decrease if Kogan becomes heavily loaded. He can carry up to 60 lbs total before that happens. Just remember that 15 of those 60 are already taken up by the weight of the leather armour, so in practice he can only carry an additional 45 lbs of gear and still move at 30' per round.

No bonus spells in core BFRPG, but it'll be up to Rosisha to decide.
Thanks Mak for the help, I appreciate it. I just started playing just over a year ago, but have only played by the Project 74 rules, so this will be interesting playing by just the core rules. As for his weight, I knew he was a little close to being too much and his I hate having such a low armor class, that's why I said something about maybe some magic leather armor, but even if Rosisha allowed it, Kogan probably couldn't afford it, lol. This will be fun though, I've wanted a Druid ever since I saw the Druid supplement, that's why I decided to join in even though I'm not that experienced at the game.
greg

Post by greg »

I modified my character post at the top of page three. I exchanged 800 gold for +1 chain mail, and I dropped a bunch of gear to get my movement up to 30'/rd. I also swapped out a spell. Those encumbrance rules are brutal. I'm not even carrying food, and I'm right at 60 lbs.

Now I need hit points.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Ack minor edit cause I had a moment of dyslexia!

Greg: Your hit points are: 13 (7 + 6)

Mordy: Your hit points are a tad different (you tank you!)

12 + 8 = 20 SCARRY HIT POINTS!

Half-Ogre Barbarian = Hit absorber!
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Crazycrypt: Your hit points are 10 (6 + 4)

Okay everyone....
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Rosisha wrote:Crazycrypt: Your hit points are 10 (6 + 4)

Okay everyone....
So I'm guessing that was a no to the possibility of the magical items I asked about since you didn't respond to it?
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Ack! I missed that? EEk! Sorry. I'm totally going nutzo :D hehe nah go ahead. i did read it and thought it was fine!