Core Rules French Translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Core Rules French Translation

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, it arrived as single column sections. I'm working it over as I go, and reinserting some of the artwork. Getting the flow right will require multiple passes, as usual... there's a reason I don't update the Core Rules every few days. :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

That s weird, the pdf is in two columns! Could it be a libreoffice issue, my version shows 2 columns.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dunno. I had a problem with an empty columnar section that I deleted... it may have spanned into the affected area, so it may well be my fault. Matters not, the flow would have been broken from the margin change anyway.

Don't feel like you need to do anything now. I've got the baby, and I'm taking good care of it... I'll hand it back to you for review when I get the first layout pass done. I don't think I've mangled anything but since I don't read French I'll need you to make sure.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

I opened with word and it does the same error as you noticed. I can tell you later the libreoffice version i am using, so at least you don t waste your time?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Doesn't matter. I'm not installing any other versions; I'll work out the layout in the version I'm using. All the other current projects are dependent on it.

Like I said, this is all normal. Don't worry, everything is fine.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Ok, I will be waiting for the review then.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Spent a little more time on it tonight; monster layout is reasonable now, and I've made it through the treasure. I moved the larger art piece from there to an earlier page that had a lot of white space at the bottom; it's the group picture with the slightly goofy looking adventurer party.

GM section, and the indexes and the license, and pass one will be complete and I'll upload it.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

excellent! in the mean time, could youplease the libreoffice version you are using, so i can see what you see ? thank you !
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

5.2.5.1 currently. I run Ubuntu LTS, so right now I'm on 16.04. That means it will all change sometime next year, and I plan to have this and BF3 fully done by then.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Question: Why is there boxed text in the translation, where there was not in the original version? Such as this paragraph:
Ainsi, un lanceur de sorts du 9ème niveau avec un 14 à sa caractéristique primaire aura 74% (15+9x5+14) de chances de voir aboutir sa création.
It appears to be a modification of the translation of this sentence from the original text:
Thus, a 9th level spellcaster with a 15 Prime Requisite has a base chance of 75%.
So I guess I actually have two questions. Why did you set this sentence off by itself as a paragraph and box it, and why did you change the numbers?