Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Explore the Northern continent of the Westernlands Campaign
starting in the city of Ravenstone. A city of greed and corruption,
where adventure and danger lurk. The city and the lands around it provide ample opportunity for anyone brave enough to chance it.

Moderator: bhyeti

bhyeti

Re: Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Post by bhyeti »

MD5 wrote:
bhyeti wrote:
MD5 wrote:Zero gives the barmaid a sneaky grin. "Ahh, I'll have the same as my boss here. Is this place always so quiet? we're merchants in town and are always looking to network with others, if you know what I mean?"
"About this time of day? Yes it's pretty quiet It will be busy in a few."

As she speaks patrons are starting to trickle in.

"What are your wares? I could introduce you to some of the merchants."
“That would be great of you, we dabble in many things and have access to very rare items. We have many associates we deal with on a supply and demand type of deal!”
After a while the tavern fills up, the barmaid brings some well dressed men over and introduce them. Gombuk exchanges pleasantries and settles in for conversation.

A drink or two the men get up and shake hands then move off to another table.

Gombuk, "We will meet them in their shop after dark."
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

bhyeti wrote:Meanwhile Benn and Vrak are enjoying their drinks and enjoying the fringe benefits of their job. Several people come and go but nothing interesting has been said.

A cleric walks in with his acolytes and admonishes the crowd for awhile. Your ears perk up at the mention of freeing slaves. The entourage is finally made to leave after aggravating the patrons.

Both of you thinks it's a good idea to follow them.
Vrak and Benn follow the group at a discreet distance, then watch them enter a side door of a temple.
MD5

Post by MD5 »

“Fill us in boss, what did these men have to say? It would probably be a good idea for Benn and Vrak to discreetly tail us if things turn ugly. They should also scout out the shop before we meet. I know we are looking for information but something seems odd about these men!”
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Trailing the group, Benn turns to Vrak and speaks to them in hushed tones. "This is almost... Too easy. A whole group shows up right away talking 'bout the very things we're supposed to be looking out for? Seems too good..."
Working on - The Fallen City & The Baroness of Blood
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

GM Parseth wrote:Trailing the group, Benn turns to Vrak and speaks to them in hushed tones. "This is almost... Too easy. A whole group shows up right away talking 'bout the very things we're supposed to be looking out for? Seems too good..."
You stand outside at a discreet distance making mental notes, by the clock above the temple, it's almost time to meet with Gombuk and the others.
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

MD5 wrote:“Fill us in boss, what did these men have to say? It would probably be a good idea for Benn and Vrak to discreetly tail us if things turn ugly. They should also scout out the shop before we meet. I know we are looking for information but something seems odd about these men!”
"They mentioned the things they had for trade and sale. I asked them about slaves and they insisted they never deal with them, it was against their religion. they were on their way to meet with their cleric."

"We will follow them to the temple and meet up with the others and then go scout out the shop"

"Let us take our leave."

You exit the tavern and cross the street, a little while later you meet up with Vrak and Benn.

Gombuk asks, "What have you seen so far?"
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

As the group is exchanging information a tall armed man approaches "Rudolfo". He touches his chest to indicate he is wearing an Irregular medallion. With a nod from "Rudolfo", the man hands him a dispatch.

"Rudolfo" reads it then folds it up and puts it in his pouch.

"C'mon, we have work to do."

Then man follows,

"He is with us now."
asdf130

Post by asdf130 »

The tall, muscular being mutters in a deep, hollow voice, "I was assigned as an extra to your group. I was told I'd find you guys here." "Although I don't know if I'd be any help to you, I don't exactly blend in...
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

"You don't have to 'blend in' as long as nobody guesses who you are. I guess Rudolfo has two bodyguards now. Must be a dangerous business."
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

asdf130 wrote:The tall, muscular being mutters in a deep, hollow voice, "I was assigned as an extra to your group. I was told I'd find you guys here." "Although I don't know if I'd be any help to you, I don't exactly blend in...
Rudolfo, "You'll do fine, what name will you use for this mission, we don't use our regular names here. You stay here with me and you two(Vrak and Benn) go to this address and scout the place inside and out if possible. We are going to the temple and I am not supposed to meet these people until later. Be discrete."

Gombuk hands them a slip of paper with the address.