BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Blorpy

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by Blorpy »

Page 16: A few of the NPC stat blocks don't have a space between "AC" and the corresponding number. Specifically, Top Sergeant Aldric and the four lieutenants.
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

Did a pass for consistency errors and managed to find a few:

page 12: "Thelan is a semi-retired fourth level magic-user who has taken up residence here to study the many scrolls and tomes he has accumulated over the last several years."

comment: Every other mention of "Magic-User" is capitalised. It is only lowercase in this instance.

page 28: "Anyone standing within 10' of the sarcophagus must make a saving throw vs. poison or become violently ill (and therefore unable to fight and able to move at only half normal speed) for 1d6 rounds."

comment: Every other saving throw is capitalised. It is only lowercase in this instance.

page 38 : "The “hatch” must first be detected as a secret door; then a thief must make an open locks roll to open it."

comment: Every other mention of "Thief" is capitalised. It is only lowercase in this instance.

(Edit: there are also a few instances of this regarding the capitalisation of "elf", which is normally not capitalised, but is capitalised only in the following examples:

page 31: "Note that this dungeon contains a substantial number of ghouls; if the party does not include an Elf they may be at a major disadvantage."
Page 32, 33 and 34: "Any character (except an Elf) hit by a ghoul must save vs. Paralysis or be paralyzed 2d4 turns.")
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Wow. Always amazes me how a mature document can still have so many errors.

Blorpy, are you credited in this book? If not, let me know how you want your name to appear. You can PM me if you prefer.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've made the usages of Thief consistent. The usages of Magic-User and Elf are inconsistent for a reason, having something to do with whether or not the "powers" of the class or race are of immediate interest in the text, but I don't think I can put the rule into words. I'll think about it some and maybe I can express it at some future point.
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:40 pm Wow. Always amazes me how a mature document can still have so many errors.

Blorpy, are you credited in this book? If not, let me know how you want your name to appear. You can PM me if you prefer.
Undoubtedly. It’s always good to have a fresh set of eyes!

I wouldn’t be in the book already as I’m relatively new to the forums. But if you would like to credit me, you can put Gavin Rourke. Thanks!
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

Just did a pass for asterisks attached to hit dice, and found that the following monsters were missing theirs in the following places:

Ghouls - pages 46, 48

Ochre Jelly - 34, 49

Giant Tarantula - 34, 49, 51

Giant Shrew - 33, 36

Pit Vipers - 33, 45, 48

Giant Centipedes - 61

(Edit: Green Slime - 40, 67)
borgar

Post by borgar »

I noticed a few issues with the Olde Island Fortress Level 1 map and have adjusted this a bit (missing one grid line and some random dots that shouldn't be there). I've put the update XCF file in the Projects/Maps folder.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign, Release 31 -- December 06, 2021
This new print release candidate incorporates additional corrections by Gavin Rourke and James Lemon along with a revised map of level 1 of the Olde Island Fortress. As usual, if it survives a week without errors being found, it goes to print... so keep your fingers crossed for this one!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf1
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

Not sure if this has already been noted, but maps in BF1 r31 don't have a "North" indicator. I was reading through The Olde Island Fortress for the first time in r31 and was quite confused about tracks leading to the "west" away from the stairs - I'd assumed North was "up" on the map.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign, Release 32 -- January 19, 2022
Missing compass indicators have been added to all the dungeon maps in this book, leading to this new print release candidate.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf1