JN2 Monkey Isle

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
jdn2006

Re: JN2 Monkey Isle

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote:BTW... I had mentioned merging JN1 and JN2 for publication. JN2 is longer than BF2 right now... I don't think we need to do any merging. Your modules will stand on their own just fine.

I'm assuming you don't mind me putting them out in print format (same as the others, no profit margin). They'd be the first Basic Fantasy Project modules in print where I'm not the principal author, a fact that makes me very happy. This was never meant to be a one-man operation, and really never has been.
I understand what you are doing and readily agree. I did them to share for free (or at cost) to help the hobby and have no ambitions otherwise. I'm not trying to make any money off the hobby (not that it's bad; I just couldn't make enough to make it worthwhile).

It'll be convenient to be able to order an at-cost print for those who want one.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

So now we just need to come up with cover art...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

It'll be next week before I have an updated edit.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

E-mailed edit.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I e-mailed an edit.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Uploaded.

I've made more layout revisions, so if you do make changes, please start from my copy.

I'll make several layout passes before it's print-ready. Do you plan to do any more artwork for this? I've tried to email you several times but it keeps getting kicked back.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I plan on leaving it as-is, barring corrections. I'd like to try to do some art but don't have the time. I'll let you know if I do.

(The e-mail system I use seems to be unreliable...)
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Some one-word fixes on this are:

R2: Reed Marsh Temple - has 1d8 encounters not 1d6

R4. Missing the 2 in front of the giant bola spider stat blocks

R5. room 10. MUcky Hallway should have a colon after the name rather than period and should be 2 feet deep (not 2 foot)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Updated. Looks like neither of us has been updating the release number on the title page since R6...
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Just looking over this and found a few things:

Page 1 - 1st paragraph under The Pirates heading - ...(if they need it; otherwise it might be belong to a shipping company that reclaims it).

Page 3 - V2. - ...The occupants shave their heads (male or female).

Page 3 - V6. - ...They file their teeth, chew plants to stain their teeth black, and wear huge, ugly wood or ivory plugs in their earlobes, nose, and mouth.

Page 4 - V9 - ...These simians are up to no good.

Page 4 - Common monkeys - ...While small, they serve wonderfully as thieves, scouts, and are ideally suited for dealing with traps and obstacles due to their small size.

I will have to continue this later. If you prefer I could just send you a list of things I find.

Ray
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.