AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlCook

Re: Adventure Anthology 2

Post by AlCook »

Solomoriah wrote:I don't normally do back cover art... in fact, I've never done it. Hate to change the standards now, even for a nice piece of art.
It'd make a great front cover :D
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Times they are a changin' SOLO!!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
teaman

Post by teaman »

Thanks for the kind words on my art. And Lars piece is OUTSTANDING.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Solo,
I sent you an edited version of AA2 to review.
Here are some questions I had that I didn't want to take liberties in the creation of the modules.

In the module 'Underneath the Temple' in the section for room 5 “Acolytes' Chamber” the loot mentioned is '121 cp and a dozen of yellow tunics'. Is this the sum of all the crates or is it per crate? (I would also take out the word 'of' from the loot for better English.) Personally I would roll up Individual Treasures using type P for the servants and Q for the acolytes. If there is a chief acolyte I would use a treasure R or S.

In the module 'Tomb of the Mummy Priest' in the section for room 2 "Main Hall" it mentions 8 bandits but there are only 7 sets of boxes.

In the module 'The Temple of Bones' in the sections for rooms 4 and 5 it mentions that the rooms open when room 6 and 7, respectively are entered. The description for room 6 and 7 don't mention how long it takes for the Skeleton Warriors to show up, just the Bone Horrors. What happens when these two types of monstors meet? If I read the movement rates correctly it should take about 2 rounds for the Skeleton Warriors to show up.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

AlMan wrote:Solo,
I sent you an edited version of AA2 to review.
Here are some questions I had that I didn't want to take liberties in the creation of the modules.

In the module 'Underneath the Temple' in the section for room 5 “Acolytes' Chamber” the loot mentioned is '121 cp and a dozen of yellow tunics'. Is this the sum of all the crates or is it per crate? (I would also take out the word 'of' from the loot for better English.) Personally I would roll up Individual Treasures using type P for the servants and Q for the acolytes. If there is a chief acolyte I would use a treasure R or S.
If you read anything in my adventure that can be improved, English-wise, feel free to do it. My English ain't the best, it isn't my native language.

For the acolytes/servants treasure, the number are voluntary kept low, because they gave pretty much everything they had to the succubus that charmed them. The number of cp/tunics given is split into all the crates, it's the total amount found when searching them all. Maybe something along this would be clearer : "Each crate contains two yellow tunics and 1d20 cp."
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

mTeasdale wrote:For the acolytes/servants treasure, the number are voluntary kept low, because they gave pretty much everything they had to the succubus that charmed them. The number of cp/tunics given is split into all the crates, it's the total amount found when searching them all. Maybe something along this would be clearer : "Each crate contains two yellow tunics and 1d20 cp."
How about this to keep with your original idea: The total loot of all the crates is 121 cp and a dozen yellow tunics.

You could add more description like "stained, patched and in bad need of washing" after tunics. I don't think the remaining servants and acolytes are into too much bathing after being charmed. :)
Dawnivia the Red

Post by Dawnivia the Red »

I just started on a winter themed adventure for submission called "The Red Turkey Hunt." I'll be sending it over within the next month or so for consideration in AA2.
Dawnivia the Red

Post by Dawnivia the Red »

I have two submissions that have already been posted in other sections of the Workshop as potentials for AA2. (One of them was part of the Halloween contest).

I thought it would be good to re-post them here as well.
Attachments
Midnight on Blood Lake.odt
(112.8 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
HorroratthePumpkinFestivalr1.pdf
(91.55 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Horror at the Pumpkin Festival.odt
(15 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dawnivia, I've spent some time today working on integrating Blood Lake into AA2, and I've run into some issues. I'm resetting the adventure in standard format, which is kind of a normal thing for me to do, but I'm finding some other issues besides the formatting.

My main complaint at the moment is that the statistics for the Witch appear in more than one place. This means you could mark off a bunch of HP in one place, then find her in another undamaged... confusing. Have I missed something here? Usually, we'd put the stats where the NPC is most likely to be encountered, then put room number references wherever else she could appear. In some cases we put the NPC stats in the introductory section (especially when it's not at all obvious where the NPC may be encountered).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Now I'm working on Horror at the Pumpkin Festival. The "pumpkin goblins" are given with stats for armored and unarmored; the stats given should be for the goblins as they are when they are encountered. If they are not in armor, we should have only unarmored stats, while if they are in armor, listing the unarmored stats isn't necessary. Also, you give them 1d6+1 damage... why? Where does the +1 come from?

Also, I notice the module refers to some optional rules (i.e. the Composure check). For publication, these need to be converted to either standard mechanics (saving throws) or to an ad-hoc mechanic fully explained in the module. Saving throws would be the preferred mechanic; a save vs. Poison in the case of getting sick from icky stuff.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org