AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by Solomoriah »

Actually, leave that to me. I had some flow issues with the maps and merged them to simplify matters. I'll make a new merged map set for that page and insert it when you send me your next edited copy. I've saved the current XCF file.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

:D
Attachments
alrightythen.gif
alrightythen.gif (1.3 MiB) Viewed 4990 times
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

After a summer of taking care of personal issues, I'm back with this set of corrections.

Page 25
7. Philibert’s Chamber third paragraph after the boxed text.

Current – The northern part of the mural is painted on several wooden planks…
Should be – The southern part of the mural is painted on several wooden planks…
The map indicates the secret door is in the southwest corner of the room.

Page 39
6. Preparation Room
7. Preparation Room

The descriptions for these rooms don’t mention or indicate that the Skeleton Warriors from rooms 4 and 5 prospectively are released when the south door is opened. They should arrive in the second round after the room is entered.

Page 64
Background first paragraph

The Baron Arturo Landau is in bold font none of the other adventures have the names of NPC's in bold font until the description for the character.

Page 65
Getting to the Tower first paragraph

Currently - Aquila Tower is located on the east side of Lake Jelena to the north.
Should be - Aquila Tower is located on the west side of Lake Jelena to the north.

The map on page 70 shows the tower being on the west side of the lake. If north is to the top of the page.

Page 68
Outcome last paragraph

Vitomir’s name is in bold font none of the other adventures have the names of NPC's in bold font until the description for the character.

Page 78
Introduction, Boxed text, third paragraph
Has UK spelling rumour, US spelling is rumor.

Page 78
Introduction last paragraph

Currently - GMs may wish to create their own set wilderness encounters to get their party from the inn to the start of this adventure.

Should be - GMs may wish to create their own set of wilderness encounters to get their party from the inn to the start of this adventure.

Secret Fortress of the Red Cult

There are 3 instances in this adventure of the UK spelling civilised, US spelling is civilized.

There are 10 instances in this adventure where the Lich is spelled Liche. In the Field Guide the monster is spelled Lich.

There are 2 instances in this adventure of the UK spelling rumour, US spelling is rumor.

There are 3 instances in this adventure of the UK spelling sepulchre, US spelling is sepulcher which is used once in the same adventure.

On page 92 the term gaoled is used in the last sentence of the first paragraph of Room 6. This is the UK spelling and the US term is jailed.

Page 88

Rumours number 2.

Currently - Of the king’s men who went out to find the princess, only a few returned, and they dead from poison darts!
Should be - Of the king’s men who went out to find the princess, only a few bodies have been returned, and they had died from poison darts!

Page 89
The Second Sign: Jewel of the Desert second paragraph.

Currently - Pairing with each barbarian king and then putting to them to the sword, she birthed many offspring and made a proclamation; that all sovereign lineage now went through her line.
Should be - Pairing with each barbarian king and then putting them to the sword, she birthed many offspring and made a proclamation; that all sovereign lineage now went through her line.

Page 96
Player’s Background last paragraph
Current: If not, have they venture forth and run across the cellar, maybe adding a small encounter on the way.
Should be: If not, have them venture forth and run across the cellar, maybe adding a small encounter on the way.

Page 97
4. Gathering Hall boxed text.

Current: Tree roots from the forest have begun to breaking through the walls. Trash and food waste lay rotten everywhere.
Should be: Tree roots from the forest have begun breaking through the walls. Trash and food waste lay rotting everywhere.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome back Al 8-) Happy to see this getting some editing!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You're still holding the ball on this one, aren't you, Chi?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yes, I'll work on these edits tomorrow morning while I do another reading pass, then send on to you to put in the updated map as mentioned at the top of this page.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R22 put into Projects folder.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm getting ready to release R22 on the Downloads page, with the new Wulfric's Tomb outdoor map added. Borgar, first, let me say THANK YOU for the nice maps... and now, can I ask a favor? Are you willing to take a crack at the Thorin Zuse maps? They are similar to the original Wulfric's Tomb maps, and I have no idea how you drew your replacements for those maps, but they are beautiful.
borgar

Post by borgar »

Solomoriah wrote:I'm getting ready to release R22 on the Downloads page, with the new Wulfric's Tomb outdoor map added. Borgar, first, let me say THANK YOU for the nice maps... and now, can I ask a favor? Are you willing to take a crack at the Thorin Zuse maps? They are similar to the original Wulfric's Tomb maps, and I have no idea how you drew your replacements for those maps, but they are beautiful.
I'm happy you like the maps I made and I'll have a look at Thorin Zuse maps.

Borgar
borgar

Post by borgar »

Here is the first part of the tomb map done in the same style as the previous maps
tomb_of_thorin_zuse_part_1.png
tomb_of_thorin_zuse_part_1.png (94.58 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
The full resolution XCF is here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18n_j2 ... XqE6iZ3Ghk

Note that I ended up removing the grid lines since I did the drawing in two steps (decoration was added on a printing of the basic map) and I this would have looked ugly. Is there a "add isometric grid" tool for Gimp?

The second part of the tomb map has some details that might all show in the isometric style I have used (pentagrams). But then I assume room description will have to do. I'll start working on this soon.