AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I've integrated the artwork from zaozabob and lars_alexander. Per Lars' suggestion I've removed the small piece after area 9; he says it wasn't really done, and he has no better scan of it.

Zaozabob, I need to know how you want to be credited (PM me if you don't want to post it here). For r24 you're listed by forum handle. Also, if you'd like another commission, review the new r24 and you'll see that page 7 has a big blank spot that needs filled. The next area is the prison cells, and for usability reasons I'd like to start that section on an even page (8, in this case) so that the whole set of cells are visible with the book open to just one place, but as you can see, this leaves me with some blank space. I'll point out that there's a torture chamber on that page, if you need, um, "inspiration." :D

r24 will be up shortly.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
zaozabob

Post by zaozabob »

Just credit me as "Zaozabob"
I'd love to make more art for AA2
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

More art notes:

A 1 column piece or a very low full-width piece for Hillman Point would be great, since there's some unused white space at the end. I can put a piece into that adventure almost anywhere other than probably page 49.

I was about to say that Blood Lake also needs artwork... but what it really needs is a map. I went back and found the original document, and the map in it was made by a random dungeon generator. I'm going to go ahead and paste it in, but I'll be redoing that map with MapMatic very soon.

Pumpkin Festival apparently has no map at all, and a lot of white space at the end where I could put one. May need to see about drawing one from the text descriptions.

Aquila Tower could definitely use some more artwork, if anyone (zaozabob?) is interested. So could Thorin Zuse. I need to go back and crop out the unused spaces around the "traditional" maps for that adventure... will try to get that done for r25.

Wulfric's Tomb is entirely undecorated, and the traditional maps for that adventure need some love from me as well.

Red Cult is undecorated as well, but I hate to put any art in there because the flow is a thing of beauty... maybe something at the end would be good.

Finally, Bear Dungeon's map needs some cleanup from me. Also, the last piece of PD artwork probably needs to go as it won't reproduce well as is, so there's room for some art there.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

AA2 Adventure Anthology Two, Release 24 -- August 16, 2019
Edits by James Lemon, new art by Zaozabob, and some layout and graphic fixes by Chris Gonnerman have led to this new release. It's not quite there yet; more art is coming, and some maps need some love, but it's getting closer!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#aa2
lars_alexander

Post by lars_alexander »

Hi, Chris!

The artwork for Tomb of the Mummy Priest is not up-to-date. I had sent you the newer versions via email. Otherwise, thanks, everyone, for fun adventures and artwork! :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ah, sorry. Did not realize those were different. I'll add that to my list for r25.
zaozabob

Post by zaozabob »

Here's a torture room art for AA2 p.7 :)
Attachments
aa2 p7.jpg
aa2 p7.jpg (488.12 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
zaozabob

Post by zaozabob »

Prison fight for AA2 p.100
Also attaching zip with all characters separately in case someone would want to use 'em for other books
Attachments
aa2 p100.jpg
aa2 p100.jpg (428.17 KiB) Viewed 4578 times
ART.zip
(396.53 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Working on the Wulfric's Tomb maps, so I've advanced that far; added the page 7 piece, but not the later one as I haven't gotten that far. The last of the "traditional" maps for Wulfric's Tomb is wrong, so I'll have to regenerate it completely. I skipped doing a map for Pumpkin Festival; may or may not come back to that.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

AA2 Adventure Anthology Two, Release 25 -- August 19, 2019
Despite extensive layout-hammering and map tweaking, and a little bit more art thanks to Zaozabob, this is still not a print release candidate... but it's close, very close.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#aa2