Saving Throw Options

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Re: Saving Throw Options

Post by Dimirag »

Cumbana820 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:40 am Have you played with the 3 saves version? I saw you posted up your own. Wondering if you thought ti went well for BFRPG. I feel like it is, along with the single save, so much more intuitive. For the single save I was just wondering if I can copy the progression from S&W and have no problem
Both kind of saving throws has its simplicity for strength, but the single saving oversimplifies the saves, making a pc save the same regardless of effect or source.

The 3ST may be more easy to use, but I don't like the codification it follows, for that reason I've never tried my take on them.

Said that, both 3ST takes should work fine, the one from the supplement follows the core rules values (maybe with some tweaks) whether my take is based on an XP vs XP and dividing the saves among the classes.
Although I would probably use another number progression if I where to use such a system.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
OldDM72

Re: Saving Throw Options

Post by OldDM72 »

I love this soooooo much. This is the most intuitive, streamlined version of saving throws I've ever seen. I never want to play with the "classic" versions again. Would love to see a version of the character sheet with these 3 saves listed rather than the classic 5.

To be specific, I'm talking about the 3 saves options, the 1 save is a little too simplified, even for me.