Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
User avatar
Zoltors Inkwell
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks for the compliments. Here is the Imperial Griffon. Let me know what you think.
Imperial-Griffon2.png
Imperial-Griffon2.png (2.89 MiB) Viewed 329 times
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
User avatar
SmootRK
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Your work is outstanding. I am very happy to see your contributions moving forward. :D
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?

See my shirt designs: https://teespring.com/stores/smoot-life
User avatar
teaman
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Zoltors Inkwell wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:08 pm
Thanks for the compliments. Here is the Imperial Griffon. Let me know what you think.Imperial-Griffon2.png
Wonderful work! Is this traditional pencil art or all digital?
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at drivethrurpg.com. (Soon he'll be able to purchase the name brand peanut butter!). Come take a look if you have some time.

http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
User avatar
Zoltors Inkwell
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:34 pm

teaman wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:03 pm
Zoltors Inkwell wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:08 pm
Thanks for the compliments. Here is the Imperial Griffon. Let me know what you think.Imperial-Griffon2.png
Wonderful work! Is this traditional pencil art or all digital?
Thank you. It is pencil but I import it into photoshop to clean it up and make corrections.
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
User avatar
teaman
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:25 am

Zoltors Inkwell wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:34 pm
teaman wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:03 pm
Zoltors Inkwell wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:08 pm
Thanks for the compliments. Here is the Imperial Griffon. Let me know what you think.Imperial-Griffon2.png
Wonderful work! Is this traditional pencil art or all digital?
Thank you. It is pencil but I import it into photoshop to clean it up and make corrections.
I do a lot of pencil work too, a lot softer than inks. Though nothing like a thick juicy ink line.

Thanks and take care!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at drivethrurpg.com. (Soon he'll be able to purchase the name brand peanut butter!). Come take a look if you have some time.

http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
User avatar
Zoltors Inkwell
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Still working on the Tymera. Here is a Water Leaper. Let me know if the skull is too much. I can change it to a rock.
Water-Leaper2.png
Water-Leaper2.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 290 times
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 8438
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 pm

Looks pretty good to me!

Skull is fine.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
teaman
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Zoltors Inkwell wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:28 pm
Still working on the Tymera. Here is a Water Leaper. Let me know if the skull is too much. I can change it to a rock.Water-Leaper2.png
This is wonderful. I could see a color version as a Magic card: it's that good.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at drivethrurpg.com. (Soon he'll be able to purchase the name brand peanut butter!). Come take a look if you have some time.

http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
User avatar
Zoltors Inkwell
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:33 pm

teaman wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:37 pm
Zoltors Inkwell wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:28 pm
Still working on the Tymera. Here is a Water Leaper. Let me know if the skull is too much. I can change it to a rock.Water-Leaper2.png
This is wonderful. I could see a color version as a Magic card: it's that good.
I appreciate the kind words. You got thinking about using ink when you mentioned it in your last post. Your right about ink, you do get a better line. Maybe I'll try one and see how it turns out. Thanks again for your kind words.
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
User avatar
Zoltors Inkwell
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:47 pm

I'll work on the Ghostcap Bloom and the Cthaeh next. Still working on the Tymera. If something else needs to be done let me know. Also is someone working on the cover?
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests