New magic Items: The Eye and Hand of Canev

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dreamakuma

New magic Items: The Eye and Hand of Canev

Post by Dreamakuma »

So, It's not hard to figure out what I'm going for, but this is very on the fly made. I kinda had to make these because my upcoming campaign takes place in Greyhawk. I've done a lot of conversions for it, and these kinda stood out. Feel free to change these or comment on ways to make them better.

The Eye of Canev
To use the eye, a Magic User at level 7 or higher must pluck out their eye(either eye will work). Doing so will deal 5 points of damage. When placing the eye in the socket, the magic-user most take a save vs Death Ray with a -5 modifier or die. The deceased magic user cannot be revived from raise dead or by any other means. The glass eye grants these powers:

User can cast Wizard Eye twice per day, Cause Serious Wounds twice per day, and can cast Death Spell once per day. Once per day the magic user can also use the Draining ray from the Great Orb of Eyes(Basic Fantasy Field Guide page 35).

The Right Hand of Canev
To use the hand, a Magic User at level 7 or higher must saw off their right hand, dealing 10 points of damage. When attaching the hand, the character must make a save vs Death Ray with a -5 modifier or die. The deceased character cannot be revived from raise dead or by any other means. The hand grants these powers.

The user of the hand can cast Bane twice per day, Bestow curse twice per day, and Insect Plague twice per day. Those injured by the user of the Hand of Canev have a 50% chance of contracting Mummy Rot(Basic Fantasy Rulebook page 107).
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.