Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Longman

Re: Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Post by Longman »

Thanks Dreamakuma.

Do you guys have a location in mind for Senezka and the orc area? Or can I just put them in where I see ft? There is an empty territory that looks a bit like Spain that I had in mind for these kingdoms.
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

I've no problem going where you see fit. But I dunno about arcbolt.
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Please note (in case it wasn't clear from my original description) that every habitation in the dwarven kingdom has been built inside of mountains, usually by expanding existing caves or caverns. There are no buildings as we would know them but rather the dwellings, shops, etc. are cut directly into the rock.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

I don't mind where you put Senezka :)

Also, nice twist on the whole half-orc son of the queen. No doubt they deny it, but deep down know it to be true!
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

Thank you for the kind words Arcbolt. :)
I figured it would add some extra plot hooks to reel in players. They could be reeled in to take a side in the conflict or used to add an "AHA" moment. Maybe the Queen is a terrible victim of horrible circumstance and didn't know what else to do. Maybe she is an evil sorceress playing both sides of the conflict.

I thought the twist added some great openings for an adventure.

If all goes well after my game Saturday, I should have some more stuff written up. Once again sorry for the slowness of my work. I'm juggling two jobs, being sick, and life in general. I've got an idea for an Island and maybe some religions/cults cooking up.
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

Is this setting creation still open for newbies? I'd love to participate if everyone's still interested in some new countries/places in existing countries, etc.
AlCook

Post by AlCook »

If and when you need it, let me know if there's any art that you'd like to see for this.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Coriolanus wrote:Is this setting creation still open for newbies? I'd love to participate if everyone's still interested in some new countries/places in existing countries, etc.
I'm still interested, I'm just busy with work the last week or so so what with Labor Day and all. If you want, please do submit ideas!
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

AlCook wrote:If and when you need it, let me know if there's any art that you'd like to see for this.
I have an idea for a piece of art right now, but I thibk we'll hold off for just a short bit.

Also, I think we should start fleshing out some adventure sites, churches, etc. Thoughts?
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

I agree that churches, old battlefields, and the like would probably be a good idea. I was thinking of starting with something like that first, and than moving onto a country/nation if we are so inclined or in need of more kingdoms. :P

I'll get writing and hopefully have something up soon!