Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Longman

Re: Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Post by Longman »

As far as I am concerned this is generally open, to anyone.

I suggest we don't try to do anything too definite at this point. The map I did is totally open to change or rearrangement, for example. This could easily take another 6 months to get anywhere substantial. Let's just keep plugging away and see what comes of it.

Eventually we will be able to specify what kind of product we are looking at - a booklet or gazeteer, and so on. Or maybe that won't happen and we can do it just for the fun of it. Whatever the case, if participants think it has "died", then it will die. But if we all think of it as a slow project, it can stay alive.

I am about to go on holiday for a month so I won't be posting much but will check back in mid October.
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

I'm just really slow at this point in time. I've enjoyed, and continue to enjoy just coming up with some places/NPC's/Stuff.
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Does this continent have a name yet, and am I free to add things?

I'm mostly asking, because I don't want this thread to die, and I have some ideas I would like to work on and this gives me some motivation.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Here is a wizard of renown and the seed for a magic college.

Strivior the Mind Magus

~ 150 years ago the 3 largest banks across the continent (and suspected of various shady and unfair dealings) lost all of their liquid assets overnight. There were no signs of a break-in, and no witnesses remember seeing anything suspicious. So it was decided that the bank owners attempted insurance fraud, and were prosecuted according to the laws of their respective countries.

3 weeks later construction began on the first major mage's university on the continent, Elsinarth Hall (apparently the Astridarian word for knowledge). The head chairman and sponsor of this university went by the name Strivior of Astridar.

Not much is known for certain about Strivior or Astridar. Some claim to have never heard of him before, while others recall vague tales of him none of which seem to quite match up. The only thing everyone agrees on is that Astridar must be very far away indeed because no one has ever heard of it.

Upon his death large sums of money were sent to three men, fallen from wealth, fame and respect, and repentant from decades of homelessness, with a note which read:

Thank you for your generous contribution to the study of the magical arts. I ask you use these funds to continue your work towards the betterment of humanity.

Sincerely, Strivior the Mind Magus.

Thousands attended his funeral all of which claimed close friendship to him, although when asked none seem to clearly remember details.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.