Fey-Mage (subclass), an alternate Sorcerer

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Joe the Rat

Re: Fey-Mage (subclass), an alternate Sorcerer

Post by Joe the Rat »

Man, I am late to the party on everything.

Perusing the spell list, I'm thinking you might want to drop or alter Wall of Iron. It fits the repertoire, but given the 'traditional' faerie aversion to (cold) iron, seems an ill fit for the concept. If you think they need another wall, you could literally recast this as "Wall of Bronze" or some such (bonus points: rust monster proof!). Another possibility is Wall of Brambles, adapting "Wall of Bones" to fit a nature theme. Nothing says Fey wizard like having a giant hedge row spring up and take a swat at you. You'd probably want to adjust level, since you're already pretty full at 4.

Magic Jar seems like it might fit the concept as well.
Go with a smile!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ah, no, not rust monster proof. From the core rules:
A rust monster's touch transforms metal objects into rust (or verdigris, or other oxides as appropriate).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Yeah, I need to recheck the rules before going for the funny.
Go with a smile!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah wrote:Ah. I assumed I'd mislaid it.

Tell me what you need, and I'll get it to you.
I think it has all you need in the download. I even think I have fonts in place (even though I don't have all... I used one of the other supplements as template), but the pdf will need to be recompiled by one with everything to make it look right... and of course, it may need some formatting adjustments in that transition as the pics, columns, and paragraphs get tweaked.

Or, you could go with it as is for now (title at least will look a tad off), at least as a release one. I would like to get to it again to incorporate some of those recent suggestions, so formal changes can occur with release 2.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Oh, and you could zip a file of all the Fonts used in the BFRPG project and discretely send to me (or to others producing for the project). That way we are all using the same actual font files, and not other files using same names. I have searched a few times but always seem to get stuff that looks a scoach different that it should look.

Oh, and I use Linux on some machines, so there may be some minor variations in it all.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

For supplement development, you need the Soutane family (including SoutaneBlack) plus Fritz-Quad for the titles. Modules are in Soutane and Century Gothic (the latter is one of the fonts Microsoft includes with Office) with various title fonts.

You said I could "go with it as is"... I don't have a copy of this class, so I can't proceed with it. if there's a download, could you point me at it?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

latest version is on second page of this thread:
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I think the Fritz Fonts are what I am lacking... I have tried a couple but they seem to be bogus versions that do not look right (and they are hard to locate as free files somewhere).
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I am planning on splitting the Quasi-Class Supplement, removing the alt-Ranger and Knight, leaving just the actual quasi-classes (with the addition of Bard and Sage quasi-classes). Instead, the Knight, alt-Ranger, and the Fey-Mage will be grouped together as a supplement, as all are true sub-classes, and yet the Fey-Mage is still another alt-class of Sorcerer.

Thoughts? It just seemed a bit more appropriate to separate the options from each other. Should I bother?
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I'd split the Q-Classes from the subclasses, definitely. It makes more sense as the Q-class is a different approach to class variation than the Alt/Sub types. You could pool the variants, or keep the fey-mage separate from the two fighters. Maybe cook up another MU subclass to pair it with.
Go with a smile!