Project Priorities

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Project Priorities

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so I got to it finally. As I see it, going forward we have three groups of works that need attention, as follows:

The Field Guides: Ideally I'd like to release FG1 2E and FG2 together. I need to complete my long, slow edit pass over FG1 and get some new releases out; Chi, if you're willing, I'd like you to keep managing FG2. Christmas is unrealistic, but I'm hoping we can manage a Spring release of both together.

The Core Rules Translations: These are my problem. I have at least the German and French translations awaiting a layout pass; besides that, I'd like to find native proofreaders for them who were not part of the original translation team (for the usual reasons regarding proofing). I'm too American (i.e. monolingual) to do it myself, sadly. I have no plan for a release date, but I'd be thrilled if we can get them out in print in 2020.

Whatever Remains: Any other books that are moving forward. Chi, I'd like to keep these under your wing, though I do know you've been listing Wandering Monsters on the priorities and that one's still really my problem.

That's the plan for now, assuming Chi is agreeable.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

• AA2 - with a little more feedback this updated print release candidate should be ready
  • FG1 - same as AA2
  • FG2 - I put an updated odt in the Projects folder. If there's more artwork possibly coming in, then we're not ready to call this a print release candidate (mainly due to layout massaging/wrangling).
  • CS2 - I put an updated odt in the Projects folder. Not sure if this is at print release candidate stage yet.
  • AA3 - I have copied a few entries into the Projects folder, along with a "shell" AA3 odt (which will need Solo's look-over to make sure it's setup correctly). I know I'll have at least 1-2 submissions for AA3 as well.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

AA2 is ready to go, I just haven't gotten it done. It's a pain, honestly, and I didn't want the disruption before Christmas. Maybe soon.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

• FG1, BF3 - both at print release candidate stage
  • AA2 - Al made quite a few more corrections, will need a layout pass before print release candidate stage
  • CS2 - I recently updated, should be close to print release candidate stage
  • FG2 - at least 1 illustration to be included, which will then of course require a layout pass. I also noted a needed stat-block update for the Octobat, which means I and/or Solo will need to check/verify the others
  • BF1, BF2, DC1, AA1, JN1, JN2, JN3, prolly others - I made some recent updates. Solo will need to go through these at his convenience before considering whether enough to warrant new print release candidates.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

• JN1, Core Rules Italian Translation, DC1 - at print release candidate stage
  • AA1 - some questions raised by Al need to be addressed, and then should be ready for a print release candidate
  • AA2 - Al made even more corrections; needs a few items addressed by Solo, and then will need another layout pass before print release candidate stage
  • AA3 - Al's suggestions, along with an updated map from jobend
  • BF1 - several maps needs to be revised (or completely redone) before print release candidate stage
  • BF2 - additional artwork is needed before creating a print release candidate
  • BF3 - needs a layout pass before print release candidate stage
  • CS1 - I incorporated JD Neal's corrections; possibly ready for print release candidate stage
  • CS2 - I incorporated JD Neal's corrections; Zoltors Inkwell has 1 completed and 1 in-progress illustration, and teaman has also posted an illustration for use. May need to put in those 3 and do another layout pass to see where additional artwork may need to be placed before creating a print release candidate
  • FG1 - I made a lot of statblock corrections; needs a layout pass before print release candidate stage
  • FG2 - I incorporated all of Seven's statblock corrections; needs a layout pass before print release candidate stage
  • JN2 - I updated this with XP values added to the stat-lines as per the Style Guide; should be ready for print release candidate stage
  • JN3 - I updated this with XP values added to the stat-lines as per the Style Guide; should be ready for print release candidate stage
  • SP1 - Solo is working on this
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Let's keep the print release candidates out of this list. They have their own home, and if we keep them here also this list will not get shorter.
  • AA3 - Al's suggestions, along with an updated map from jobend. Also need to approve/add John's sword artwork for the cover.
  • BF1 - several maps needs to be revised (or completely redone) before print release candidate stage
  • BF2 - additional artwork has been posted for a new print release candidate
  • CS2 - I incorporated JD Neal's corrections; Zoltors Inkwell has 1 completed and 1 in-progress illustration, and teaman has also posted an illustration for use. May need to put in those 3 and do another layout pass to see where additional artwork may need to be placed before creating a print release candidate
  • FG1 - need to check Linnorm entry and then should be ready for a new print release candidate
  • FG2 - see this post; new artwork also ready to be put in
  • SP1 - Solo is working on this (namely additional boxed text); map handouts need to be added to document and/or its Downloads entry
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Referring to the previous post:
Updated AA3; removed reference to the adventure that was moved to the eventual AA4
Removed BF3
Updated SP1
BF1: along with new maps, waiting on reply from Gabeprime
Removed CS1
Updated BF2
CS2: not updated, but additional artwork in the thread is ready for use
Updated FG1
Updated FG2
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Chi, I updated the list in the first post; please feel free to go correct the statuses in that post as needed.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

First post edited and links added
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

AA3 updated, JN3 added