Project Priorities

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Project Priorities

Post by chiisu81 »

At your convenience 8-) I can update the News and each item's corresponding Workshop thread.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Field Guide 1 is uploading.

I'm rethinking the monster index situation. What would you think of dropping it from all the Field Guides and having a separate index document? Because honestly, the index in FG1 will be worthless when FG2 goes to print, and so on for any possible FG3.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yeah, that was the direction I was leaning towards, having the Monster Index as a sep. document. It's been a fairly popular download on Showcase, but I imagine before too long it'll be ready for the Downloads page.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

A lot of activity in recent weeks:

Field Guide 1: another small release with edits by Dimirag. This is getting closer to a print release, but may need some additional categorization work and may need some artwork to help with layout flow issues.

Field Guide 2: some additional edits by me and Solo. This is still behind FG1, but it's slowly making its way towards a print release candidate in the future.

Monster Index: this is now a sep. download on the Downloads page, and removed from FG 1&2.

CS1: this is finally almost in print. 8-)

Equipment Emporium: additional editing done, but still a bit of a ways off from print. Jeff has provided some additional artwork which helped greatly.

DC1: new release almost ready for print; once Solo goes over my little nitpicks I think it'll be ready.

JN1: new release should be ready for print, Solo just had to fix the page ordering/layout.

AA2: :(

JN2: new print release online.

Core Rules German Translation: Solo is working his way through flow and layout items.

Wandering Monsters: pending edits from AlMan, Solo will update NPC formatting; table of contents page numbers are off.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Right now, my priority is CS1. I'd like to have it in print by the end of August; Francisco expects to have the final art pieces to me by the end of July, so that should be possible.

... then in September, I'm planning a new contest. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

CS1 and Equipment Emporium as both very close to publication-readiness, and AA2 is not far behind. I'm considering holding the first two back and releasing all three at the same time, hopefully in another couple of weeks.

I got your DC1 revision, and will take a look at it shortly.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As of right now, we have print release candidates for CS1, AA2, and the Equipment Emporium. Oh, and DC1 of course. But three new books could all be released at one time right at the beginning of September!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

New JN1 should be close to ready as well.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so here's the deal. If you look at the print release candidate list, you can see we have five things (including three new things) "ready" for publication. But as I just discovered working on AA2, not QUITE ready.

I've decided to hold off publication until all five are completely ready, so that anyone who wants to get more than one of these new books can get them all in one order. I'm discovering that people often don't pay attention to my print release announcements... I'd hate to have people miss my note about "more coming soon." So they will all be out at once. As of right now, that looks like next Sunday, a week from today, if no other showstoppers are found.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

In light of the release of five books in this last week, we probably need to update this list. If I get time, I'll go over it, but Chi, if you're reading this on Monday I probably didn't have time.