Magical Item Compendium

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Gunthar

Re: Magical Item Compendium

Post by Gunthar »

The Equalizer

There is a lesser and greater version.
Any weapon can be an Equalizer.

This is a mighty weapon in the hand of a True Neutral wielder.
The lesser version:
It is +1 against TN, +2 against NG, NE, CN, and LN, +3 against LG, LE, CG, and CE.

The greater version:
It is +1 against TN, +2 against LN and CN, +3 against NG and NE, +4 against CG and LE, +5 against LG and CE.

If the wielder is not TN then the weapon behaves differently. The effect is for the lesser version. The greater Equalizer doubles the effects listed below.

If the wielder is LN, CN, NG or NE then it is +1 against LN, CN, NG or NE and +2 against LG, LE, CG, and CE. Against TN the weapon is healing them for 4 HP and dealing no damage.

If the user is LG, LE, CG, and CE then it is +1 against LG, LE, CG, and CE. Against LN, CN, NG or NE these targets are healed by 4 HP and are taking no damage. Against TN these targets are healed by 8 HP and they receive also no damage.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

heh, nice but BFRPG doesn't really have alignment (core). There is a supplement or two about adding alignment.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Gunthar

Post by Gunthar »

Zentaril (Longbow)

It is a precious longbow with 20 glowing sapphires inserted in the black wood.

It acts as a longbow +1 when a normal or magical arrow is fired from it. Any normal arrow fired from it is turned into a magical arrow +1. (The combo act like a +2 weapon together.)
The special ability on this longbow is if the string is pulled without an arrow nocked in. Then it fires a special arrow build from fire and lightning with a +4 attack bonus dealing 1d8+2 lightning and 1d8+2 fire damage. After such shot one of the 20 sapphires is becoming dark. The gems are reloaded by one per every 8 hours. If all 20 shots are fired then it takes one complete day to recharge the first gem. After that, it takes again 8 hours per gem.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

SmootRK wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:54 pm heh, nice but BFRPG doesn't really have alignment (core). There is a supplement or two about adding alignment.
Yes, and I'd prefer not to have any supplement that requires another supplement.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I like the Zentaril. Here's an edited version:
Gunthar wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:34 pm Zentaril (Longbow)

The Zentaril is a precious longbow with 20 glowing sapphires inserted into its black wood.

It functions as a Longbow +1 when a normal or magical arrow is fired from it. Any normal arrow fired from it turns into a magical Arrow +1 (the combo act like a +2 weapon together). If the string is pulled without an arrow nocked, it fires a special arrow built from fire and lightning with a +4 attack bonus, dealing 1d8+2 points of lightning damage along with 1d8+2 points of fire damage. After such a shot one of the 20 sapphires turns dark. The gems will recharge one at a time every 8 hours. If all 20 shots are fired then it takes 24 hours to recharge the first gem; after that, it takes 8 hours per gem.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Dimirag: I just noticed this entry on your Showcase. You can probably remove it since this first post on this thread has the latest version attached.
teaman

Post by teaman »

Can I just say this is REALLY nice work. I finally took a look at it and have few items in mind to toss to my players.

If they earn them....
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

chiisu81 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:42 am Dimirag: I just noticed this entry on your Showcase. You can probably remove it since this first post on this thread has the latest version attached.
Done
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Changes to Tear of the Dragon
Tear of the Dragon
This is a Dragon’s tear that has been crystallized in a tear-shaped glass vial by exposure to the light of thirteen nights of full moons forming a smooth gem that is harder than diamond and holding up to eighteen magical charges that can be used as follows:
Heal 1hd - 1 Charge
Cure disease - 3 charges
Neutralize Poison - 4 Charges
Raise Dead - 5 charges
Regenerate - 6 charges
Restoration - 6 charges
A Tear of the Dragon may be recharged by leaving it out in the light of a full moon at the rate of 2 charges per night. It will have 3d6 charges on it when found. If found in a Dragon's hoard it has a 75% chance to be fully charged.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

It's been a long while since I've posted a new version. I'll put together the contributions since the last upload into a post for one more look-over, and then will integrate into a new release.