Beginner's Essentials

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Beginner's Essentials

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Basic Fantasy RPG Beginner's Essentials Spanish Translation, Release 13-es2 -- May 06, 2021
Mario Tejada has come through again with this updated Beginner's Essentials release in Spanish!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... essentials

As with the Italian release above, Mario, I've updated the formatting somewhat, so please download my R13-es2 and use it when doing any further revisions. Thanks again!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Basic Fantasy RPG Beginner's Essentials Finnish Translation, Release 13-fi1 -- May 07, 2021
Thanks to Seppo Raudaskoski for this new Finnish translation!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... essentials

Seppo, I've revised the filename using the 2-letter country abbreviation as is our current standard. I didn't touch your layout, as it looks perfect. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Spiralbound

Post by Spiralbound »

A simple question, is the Beginners Essentials current with the core rules, 3rd Edition, release 107?

I'm looking to start a campaign with a group who've never played this game and was considering giving them the Beginners Essentials to reference at the table to get them going instead of hitting them with the full core rules, but I don't want to if the rules don't match. ;)
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Spiralbound wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:08 pm A simple question, is the Beginners Essentials current with the core rules, 3rd Edition, release 107?

I'm looking to start a campaign with a group who've never played this game and was considering giving them the Beginners Essentials to reference at the table to get them going instead of hitting them with the full core rules, but I don't want to if the rules don't match. ;)
I do believe they match, at least they matched when I read over them.
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

The latest release of the Beginner's Essentials is far more recent than the Core Rules, so they should correspond (barring any possible errors still lurking in the BE).
Spiralbound

Post by Spiralbound »

Excellent! Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm still learning the ins and out of this system in comparison to AD&D 2E or even other retroclones. I really like the modular approach to the system, allowing me to easily customise my own sweet spot of features by adding or excluding certain rules for a 2E feel, but with a degree of "streamlining" rolled in.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I've never tried it personally but it seems like BFRPG would make a pretty great replacement for AD&D with the right mix of supplements. Are you by any chance the person on reddit I suggested BFRPG to for a modern take on Ad&d 2e? I'd be interested in hearing how it works out for you as that was my most played version of dnd as well.
Spiralbound

Post by Spiralbound »

Nope, not me. I am either "Spiralbound" or "Adam Bragg" everywhere online. I was recommended BFRPG by "Falk Ruch" on MeWe.com after "Samwise Seven RPG" posted about how BFRPG was his favourite free RPG.

I do intend on posting in this forum once I do run a game using this system, but that won't be for a while yet, and when I do so, I'll start a new thread for it.
lars_alexander

Post by lars_alexander »

Here's an updated version of the German Beginner's Essentials including the illustrations of r13 and some minor corrections of typos.
Attachments
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r13-ger3.odt
(949.95 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r13-ger3.pdf
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 230 times
lars_alexander

Post by lars_alexander »

And here's another update with sorted tables and document structure for easy navigation of the PDF.
Attachments
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r13-ger4.odt
(949.65 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r13-ger4.pdf
(975.86 KiB) Downloaded 233 times