Beginner's Essentials

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Beginner's Essentials

Post by chiisu81 »

Always great to see more translations! 8-) Added the odt to the Projects folder for Solo to review; unless he has any questions/concerns this will get added on the Downloads page.
GregoriusTheWatcher

Post by GregoriusTheWatcher »

Is there any problem with my translation?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The problem is with the admin... he's still sick, and tired. I'll get it updated soon.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Here's r14 Hungarian (copied to Projects folder as well). I corrected the page header to "Basic Fantasy RPG" and made it bold. I also worked on the layout, as the page-size change made a few odd column/page breaks. I think I got them all fixed.
Attachments
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r14-Hungarian.pdf
(858.36 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r14-Hungarian.odt
(954.15 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ack. The Hungarian version is marked R14, which is wrong, it can't be higher than the English release.

The original English R13 is the reference version; no other language should have a higher release number. Proper release numbers for translations are in the form r12-es1, r12-ua3, etc. I'm still using some "wrong" three-letter codes (German is presently r12-ger2 rather than r12-de2 as it should be) but the standard international two-letter nationality codes should be used by preference.

I'm revising this back to r13-hu1, as it should be, and getting it posted. If changes are made to the Hungarian edition we need to bump the number after HU, not the release number.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Basic Fantasy RPG Beginner's Essentials Hungarian Translation Version 1, Release 13 -- January 29, 2020
Thanks to forum member GregoriusTheWatcher we now have a Hungarian translation of the Beginner's Essentials book!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... essentials
Seppo

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG – Finnish translation

Post by Seppo »

OK, so here's the Beginner's Essentials, take one, plus the Standard Character Sheet. Let me know if there are any problems/questions.

Since I based my translations of your SRD-influenced spells on my previous translations of the SRD spells in question (hope this makes sense), I thought it would be appropriate to add my previous work to the OGL list. If not, please delete.
Attachments
Basic-Fantasy-Character-Sheet-Finnish-r2.ods
(12.38 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r13-fin1.odt
(957.15 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I am confused; are you saying you translated items from the SRD directly before incorporating what was in the BFRPG Beginners Essentials, rather than just the BE itself?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As long as your translations remain faithful in terms of technical detail to the BFRPG versions, and not the SRD versions, I'm good with it; and yeah, if you did consult prior work and borrow any of it, you do need to add those copyright statements to the OGL of the document.
Seppo

Post by Seppo »

chiisu81 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:20 pm I am confused; are you saying you translated items from the SRD directly before incorporating what was in the BFRPG Beginners Essentials, rather than just the BE itself?
I've previously translated the SRD in its entirety, and when I translated BE spells that are based on SRD, I based said translations on my earlier work (but taking into account the alterations BE has made to the SRD spells, of course; what I've submitted now is a faithful translation of BE).