Adventure & supplement templates

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Adventure & supplement templates

Post by Solomoriah »

To clarify... the WanderingMonsterBody style has no trailing space, and is set to "Keep With Next Paragraph." The WanderingMonsterEnd style is not kept with next, and does include some trailing space. It's preferred to keep "items" i.e. monster or encounter types together in the same page and column; if one needs to break, do what you have to and I'll fix any irregularities during my layout phase.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
leon

Post by leon »

Great! That makes the most sense to me. It means that in my illustration, item 1 is styled incorrectly. It's a one-line item that should be WanderingMonsterEnd.

If this topic isn't too far out in the weeds, it may deserve a line in the style guide or the templates.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've updated the template to R16. Minor changes, mostly involving automatic style changes.

If you press ENTER at the end of a BoxedText paragraph, the new paragraph will be Text Body. If you need multiple paragraphs of BoxedText and wish to keep your hands on the keyboard, at the end of one paragraph type the first letter of the next paragraph, arrow left once and press ENTER. The new paragraph will still be BoxedText.
excior

Post by excior »

what program do I need in order to open the adventure template? when I try to open it I get a pop up window from windows asking what I want to use to open it.
leon

Post by leon »

excior wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:42 pm what program do I need in order to open the adventure template?
LibreOffice
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you are planning to work on BFRPG project documents, after you install LibreOffice you'll probably need the fonts too. Email me at solomoriah@basicfantasy.org and I'll get you taken care of.
excior

Post by excior »

leon wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:49 pm
excior wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:42 pm what program do I need in order to open the adventure template?
LibreOffice
Ok I downloaded Libere Office in Libreoffice writer how do I make more than one page for the adventure? I am sorry I am a total newbie at this.
leon

Post by leon »

excior wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:00 pm Ok I downloaded Libere Office in Libreoffice writer how do I make more than one page for the adventure? I am sorry I am a total newbie at this.
When you open the OTT file (template), you should see seven pages that include a cover page, adventure keys, maps and license pages. As you add content, pages will be added. When you save the file, it will create an ODT file (document).

You can write in another word processor and share an MS Word file, for example. There are several people who are very fast at porting content into the official templates. Learning both LibreOffice and the particular styles used by BFRPG can be an adventure unto itself.

chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Leon is correct; when you open the .ott file in LibreOffice you should see all of the pages. Simply add more text, etc. in the "Dungeon Key" area, and it will automatically add more pages as you type.
And of course we'll be happy to help with any formatting, issues, etc. Feel free to make a post in Workshop when you're comfortable/ready and we'll help you sort anything out 8-) And unlike many tech forums, not only will we help post a corrected/updated file, we'll also explain what we did and how you can do the same :)
excior

Post by excior »

Thanks, I am wanting to work on a "mega" dungeon and I will definitely hit yall up. How do I add maps to the page copy and paste?