Monk: a Clerical Sub-Class

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Nekron99

Monk: a Clerical Sub-Class version 2

Post by Nekron99 »

OK, so I and my players have test played the Monk class that I created for BFRPG and although we have not attempted to play at higher than 9th level, we have found that it is pretty good. I mean he does not die instantly and as far as we can tell he is not overpowered.
Really what we found was that depending on the actual player and their skills, the monk can be an asset or a burden at low levels (but what low level character isn't really).
We ran one as an individual who joined a normal adventuring party and another where the party was made up entirely of monks on a mission (that one was a bit unbalanced in favor of the monsters as they lacked normal party balance, but it was fun).
I changed a few things. Took out the oriental weapons (as those are covered in the Equipment Emporium book) and things about alignments (that is up to the individual DM's to work out)
I think it streamlines the class just a little bit better and gives the DM some more personal leeway.
Not that my version is better than any of the others already out there, it is just "my version" and one my players seem to like (although to be honest one of them did prefer the "Great Way Adept".
Attachments
Monk Sub-Class Ver 2.doc
(73 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?