Illusionists Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
SmootRK

Re: Illusionists Supplement

Post by SmootRK »

Style Guide is the standard... until someone decides to change the Style Guide.

Things can get missed, rules misunderstood, etc. We still re-write to get back to the standard that has been established.

These supplements have not been updated since long before the Style Guide ever was created, and there has not been any real push to make these old Supplements get updates (until nowadays). That said, now that there is a style guide... so new edits should incorporate the standards of the style guide now.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'm going by the Style Guide (my creation and baby), which is what we should all be starting with/referencing. For that particular item the Style Guide was updated after this post by Solo.

Note that many items, especially on the Downloads page, were created well before the Style Guide came along, and need to be updated to conform to it.

Of course, if something is wrong in the Style Guide, I update and correct that section, and then from that point forward try to make an effort to update the documents I work on to follow that new standard.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Follow Solomoriah's words, he may be an eye, but that eye speaks the true and the law
Follos Chiisu's words, he is the editor above
Follow the core rulebook
Follow any specific supplement for format made by guys above, in this case the Style Guide
Don't take other supplement as a hard true as they may contain error nobody noticed or reviewed before
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dang, we have a cultist here...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
daryen

Post by daryen »

OK, while playing around with a different file, I found two spells:
- Druid spell Obscuring Mist
- Illusionist spell Obscurement

These spells are virtually identical and are obviously based on the exact same spell. However, there are some minor differences. Really, they should be the same spell. So, can we combine them into a single spell using just one of the names?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Eh... no. Let's keep them separate. They are based on different kinds of magic.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Real quick: I have to make another update to Illusionist, but I won't be able to do it for a day or so. The problem: They have a single spell listed twice. Gotta get that fixed. :(

On the other hand, no one else caught it either. :) I am taking the chance to go through it one more time again to see if I find something else ...
daryen

Post by daryen »

OK, I uploaded Illusionist r8.

The prior version gave the Illusionist the Continual Light spell twice. I swapped out the second one for Clairvoyance (which made the spell levels involved work out nicely).

I also made sure to remove any references to "planes of shadow" and "Material Plane" and such. Now it only refers to planes in a general sense. The "planes of shadow" occurrences were replaced with much more generic terms ("tangible shadows" in one case and "shadowy edge of reality" in the other).

I also tried to make sure all of the spell headers were consistent. There were a couple minor things in r7, so hopefully it is all cleaned up now.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Illusionists: A Basic Fantasy Supplement Release 8 -- August 24, 2020
Mike West has expanded and revised this classic supplement with new spells and magic items for your game.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#illusionists

I'm pretty happy with the changes. I will say that maybe you took the whole "planes" thing a bit too seriously. I actually like having vague references to other planes in the game... I just do not want the geography of those planes to be explained in any canon fashion. But again, I'm very happy with this. Also, amazed you managed to redo Shadow Walk so effectively... wow.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Illusionists: A Basic Fantasy Supplement German Translation, Release 8-de1 -- May 08, 2021
Thanks to Peter Schaefer for this new German translation of the Illusionists supplement!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#illusionists