BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
KebusMaximus

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by KebusMaximus »

Hi!

I was reading through this module, and I like it a lot, but the entries tend to be hard to scan, especially during a session or on a screen. So, I rewrote a couple from The Nameless Dungeon in a terse key format, pp. 36:

2. SPITTING COBRA LAIR:
Four spitting cobras lair here.

Loose stone (find as secret door) in wall conceals rotten bag containing 400 sp and 36 gp.

[4 Spitting Cobras statblock would be unchanged]

4. OCTAGONAL HALL:
Six square pillars.

Stirge nest high up in a NW pillar where a stone has fallen out. Three stirges attack intruders in 1d4+1 rounds, with surprise on a d6 roll of 1-3, if unnoticed.

7. SECRET ROOM:
Rotted bedroll and chest. The chest is locked and contains a gas that causes fear (as the spell cause fear) for anyone who fails a save vs. poison, for 2d10 rounds.

Would there be any interest if I edited, say, an entire dungeon like this? Also happy to hear feedback or if this should go somewhere else in the forum.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I have no complaints about this, but I'm not the target audience as I wouldn't use it. The adventures are already in my preferred format. I do realize that not everyone uses these books as I do, and I'm fine with you sharing a rewrite of the room keys here.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
KebusMaximus

Post by KebusMaximus »

Ok, thanks! I probably won't unless there is interest.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

This has been at Print Release Candidate stage for awhile; can we get some more eyes on this to check for any errors?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm going to try to push it to print this weekend, actually.
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Holy smokes those new dungeon maps look awesome. Looking forward to getting the new print release from Amazon.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, it's done. Both Amazon/KDP and Lulu have BF1 Morgansfort updated to R32.

As usual, remember that Amazon pre-prints a certain number of books; if you order now, you might get the previous release. There's really nothing I can do about that. Lulu does not do that, so they should be safe.

Saddle stitch is no longer available, due to changes at Lulu. Very likely that all the saddle stitch books will be disappearing soon. Perfect bound and coil bound editions are the current options. On Amazon, only perfect bound, as usual.

EDIT: Remember that there's an approval period on Amazon also, so it's not actually live there yet.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Amazon KDP rejected the manuscript because of the edition number; I had to resubmit it as a new book, since they don't allow updating edition numbers. They also complained:
Fix all conversion errors in the text and images in your manuscript file. Example errors include question marks or boxes in the place of text, or boxes with an “X” inside where images should be. See examples on PDF page(s) 34 - 41, 68.
They don't like the checkboxes. GAH. This happens regularly with them, and I usually have to resubmit to get it cleared up. Since different underpaid employees review the book each time, it's a crapshoot whether it goes through or not.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, the "2nd Edition" is now submitted to Amazon. I'll retire (?) the previous one once they activate the new one, and I'll keep you all posted here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Rejected again, and then again. The last rejection took under 5 minutes. I chatted with a support tech who agreed that the manuscript is fine as is, but he couldn't release it; I had to send an email, and as of right now have not heard back. So I just now submitted it again, to see if I get a reviewer who either has a clue or isn't really trying...