BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Galadrin

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by Galadrin »

Hi, I definitely appreciate the dual-stating for B/X & BFRPG. I find different groups prefer one or the other of these systems, so I often end up running one just as often as the other. It also allows me to "slot in" a BFRPG adventure alongside either a C&C adventure or a Labyrinth Lord adventure to create a megamodule.

More on topic, I also really like Morgansfort. It is truly a modern day B2 for the old-school renaissance.
hjmartin70

Post by hjmartin70 »

A minor nitpick, the world map at the beginning doesn't have Morgansfort marked on it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hyway mentioned that already, and I've updated it for the next revision.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I posted this over on DF but it could go here as well.

This may be too late, or not even needed, but I was thinking of a cool "trap" for morgansfort and here it is.

BLOOD ROSE PATCH:
A wild jumble of flowering plants line the west bank of the river. The slope is rather steep here next to the old bridge, but begins to flatten out a 100 yards further south where a large Willow tree drapes its branches into the river. A well beaten path leads down the bank next to what remains of the old bridge and dead ends at a small beach. A narrow path leads along the river going north and south but any non-thief using the path will have a difficult time climbing the slope above it. There is no cover to be found along this trail until it reaches the Willow tree. Beneath the branches of the Willow you can see what appears to be a rowboat pulled up on the bank. Along the top of the bank a lesser used path meanders down a gradual slope through the wildflowers, skirting the edge of the marsh, before disappearing under the branches of the Willow tree. You can see a faint path traveling further south along the river.

If the players follow the path along the river to the Willow tree they will have a 1in 6 chance of slipping on the rocks and falling into the river. Once they reach the willow they will find an intact rowboat with orc style arrows stuck into its sides. There are patches inside the boat and on its side of what looks like blood stains. If the players investigate the path leading up to the top of the bank they will see the remains of a dwarf, still in armor, half hidden among some rose bushes 30’ off of the path. A glitter of gold can be seen spilling out of his pack.

If the players take the path along the top of the bank, they will see the branches of the Willow moving eerily in the slight breeze. There is nothing special about the Willow; it just sits in a vee of wind caused by the way the riverbank juts into the river at the base of the tree. Before arriving at the Willow the PCs will see be able to see the boat and a few steps later they will see the dead dwarf half hidden among the rose bushes.

Any player that turns off the path to investigate the dwarf will then smell the incredible fragrance of the roses and must save vs. Poison or become befuddled, dropping anything carried and approaching the plant. They are now under the spell of 2 Blood Roses one with 3 canes and one with just 2 (the other attached to the underside of the dwarf.

Two Blood Rose (AC 13, HD 2*, hp 9 #AT 3, 12 #AT 2, D 1d6 plus special, MV (1’), Save F 2, ML 12). The blood drained dwarf was wearing leather armor and ragged clothes, but his shield is bright and shiny (+1 shield), inside the pack is normal adventuring gear and a sack of 102 coppers, 43 silvers and 6 gold.

Blood Rose
Armor Class: 13
Hit Dice: 2* to 4*
No. of Attacks: 1 to 3 plus blood drain
Damage: 1d6
Movement: 1'
No. Appearing: Wild 1d8
Save As: Fighter: 2
Morale: 12
Treasure Type: None
XP: 100 - 280
Blood roses appear to be normal rose bushes, but are actually animated plants, dimly aware of their surroundings. These plants are always in bloom, bearing beautiful flowers that are normally white (or rarely, yellow) in color. The fragrance of the flowers is detectable up to 30' from the plant in ideal conditions. Blood roses can move about slowly, and will try to find locations sheltered from the wind in order to achieve those ideal conditions. Living creatures who smell the fragrance must save vs. Poison or become befuddled, dropping anything carried and approaching the plant. Each round such a creature or character is within the affected area, this save must be made. Befuddled characters will not resist the plant-creature's attacks; if affected creatures are removed from the area, the effect of the fragrance will expire 2d4 rounds later. Undead monsters, constructs, etc. are not affected. Each blood rose plant will have 1, 2 or 3 whiplike canes studded with thorns with which it can attack. When a cane hits, it wraps around the victim and begins to drain blood, doing 1d6 damage per round. A blood rose which has recently (within one day) “eaten” this way will have flowers ranging from pink to deep wine red in color, which will fade slowly back to white.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't know if I want to add to the adventure at this point, but I'll consider it, especially as my artist has bugged out on me.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

That's fine. I was reading KOTB this past week and after reading about the spiders/dead elf encounter I realized there wasn't a cool wilderness encounter like that in Morgansfort. I can use it elsewhere easy enough.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

latest release looks very nice. I have not gone through it line by line though.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Omote

Post by Omote »

Reading through Release 20 of BF1 now. Haven't looked at this module/campaign setting in some time. Looks great, and is going to play very well to I think. You guys have really been pounding out the kinks and errors too. Veeeery niiiice [/Borat]

~O
Omote

Post by Omote »

Is BF1 going to Lulu as a hardcover book? I do know that BF1 will look like a great companion to the main rule book if it was released in HB. Just wonderin'.

~O
Last edited by Omote on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I really hadn't planned to make it a hardback. Seems a bit of a waste, really, for something small enough to saddle stitch.