BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by chiisu81 »

Updated maps put into Projects. Thank you Gabe 8-)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Chi, who's the artist for the new maps? (The flat ones, not the isometric maps from Gabe.) I knew but I've forgotten.

I'm working my way through BF1, updating maps and adding some art.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Never mind, it's Borgar of course.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign, Release 30 -- November 21, 2021
This new release includes additional artwork from Michael Sutherland, Jason Hall, Gabe Fua, Borgar Olsen, Martin Serena, and John Fredericks. This is a print release candidate! Please look it over and tell me if you see any problems.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf1
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

I just did a pass of the first 12 pages. It looks very solid, and I was only able to catch two minor errors:

1) Page 5, bottom: "The believers in Tah (aka Tahists) believe that only Tah is truly a god. Their beliefs include a being, usually called Shaitah or Mephistus, who was once a servant of Tah but turned to evil. Shaitah's goal is to tempt mortals away from belief in Tah; thus, Tahists believe that Druids and followers of the Hundred Gods have been deceived by Shaitah, and they try particularly hard to convert them."

The word "belief" is repeated a number of times in a small span. This isn't strictly an error, but an English professor might comment on it. Ha ha.

Suggest: "The worshippers of Tah (aka Tahists) believe that only Tah is truly a god. Their myths tell of a being, usually called Shaitah or Mephistus, who was once a servant of Tah but turned to evil. Shaitah's goal is to tempt mortals away from faith in Tah; thus, Tahists believe that Druids and followers of the Hundred Gods have been deceived by Shaitah, and they try particularly hard to convert them."

2) Page 12, middle: "Maien usually (60% chance) has a few Potions of Healing (for 250 gp each), and if a good enough reason is given, she can prepare more potent poisons."

"More potent poisons" suggests that she also has less potent poisons, which were not mentioned in this paragraph.

Suggest: "Maien usually (60% chance) has a few Potions of Healing (for 250 gp each), and if a good enough reason is given, she can prepare potent poisons."

Hope this helps!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks for the comments, Blorpy. I don't think I'm going to touch #1, which was the bit about "belief" being used too much. It doesn't cry out to me to fix it.

Regarding the second part, I have to disagree with you. You said:
Blorpy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 pm "More potent poisons" suggests that she also has less potent poisons, which were not mentioned in this paragraph.
This is not, in my opinion, true. It states that she can make "more potent" items than the Potions of Healing (which are pretty wimpy) but does not imply the existence of less potent ones.

HOWEVER, you found an error without noticing it...
Blorpy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 pm 2) Page 12, middle: "Maien usually (60% chance) has a few Potions of Healing (for 250 gp each), and if a good enough reason is given, she can prepare more potent poisons."
Should be "potions."

:D

I'll fix that bit in the next release... and thus, R30 is no longer a print release candidate. :(
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:25 pm This is not, in my opinion, true. It states that she can make "more potent" items than the Potions of Healing (which are pretty wimpy) but does not imply the existence of less potent ones.

HOWEVER, you found an error without noticing it...

Should be "potions."
Glad to help! It did occur to me that you might've meant "potions", though I couldn't rule out that it was poison as they are a related skill set. Now may R31 be error free to the end of days! :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm going to wait a bit to allow more errors in R30 to be found...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Page 12, Residence: extra space in last sentence ("amid the mess")
Page 18, wandering monsters: inconsistent size of text & hitpoint boxes (size 10 instead of 9.5)
Page 47, 62. Giant Fly Lair: last hitpoint box for "8" can be cut-pasted up w/ the others
Page 55: would it be possible for John or another artist to draw the Seal?
Page 59: reference to the Basic Fantasy Field Guide should include "1" now that we have several
Page 68: I added a sharpened version of this illustraton in Projects
OGL License: bold "Morgansfort" in first sentence
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I've applied all the changes except, obviously, redrawing the seal from page 55. I'll continue holding off on R31 to give others a chance to look at it (this is more a note for me actually).