Character Record Book

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Character Record Book

Post by Solomoriah »

I've given you Showcase access; feel free to upload this whenever you want.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Thanks Solo it's there now.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Page 2 Take a tab or two out from in front of the Saving Throw line so it is at the same level as Racial Abilities. Leave the Death, Wands, Paralysis, etc. at the level they are so it will make Saving Throw more like a subtitle instead of being lost in the list of saving throws.

Page 3 Put a tab in front of the list items under Basic Abilities and Turn Undead so the subtitles don’t get lost in the list of items. Take a tab from in front of Thief Abilities and Background Abilities so they are more subtitles then members of the list.

Page 4 Maybe suggest using (H) or (B) to tell if the item is at home or in the bank.

Page 5 Equipment records, suggest to user to tag items with (M) for Mount; (W) for Wagon or (P) for personally carried. For the Total Encumbrance have user put (L) or (H) for Light or Heavy load this would also impact the characters movement rate. It could also affect the load and movement for the mount or draft animal pulling the wagon.

On page 6 suggest using an open set of parenthesis ( ) to show which ones are memorized and then putting a check or X in between to show which ones have been used for the day or adventure.

I like the record book since the player can keep track of more items. Print out the second page again so the DM has a copy for his or her records would be another suggestion. The DM doesn’t need the rest of the information, but can ask the player for that information if it is needed.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

I made some of the changes suggested in the ODT version for now and will post it once I get the form fillable PDF redone. The idea of the record book is not so that it is used during game play but is more of a record to look back on. Individual pages of it can be printed out any way which is normally the suggested method of keeping track of the characters adventures. The spell book page is just that. It is designed to hold the spells in the characters book. Others have made sheets for keeping track of spells memorized. As far as marking what items are where I will leave that up to the individual as to what system they would like to employ. I would suggest using one of the compact character sheets during game play. I may add one at the back of the book just for that purpose.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Replaced attachments with Showcase link in first post. Also remember to put this thread's topic number (3492) in the Showcase entry as well.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Thanks... r3 is uploaded with the formatting changes on Pages 2 and 3 implemented.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

I have been using the hand filled version up to now, but I saw that there was also a form fillable version out and wanted to try that one.....Not sure what is up with the second page.
Information that was filled in on the first page is showing up as fills for the second page as well.
And if you delete the second page entry, it deletes the first page entry as well.
It seems like all the other pages are working fine, just that second page is wonky.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-05 005608.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-05 005608.jpg (86.13 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
teaman

Post by teaman »

This is very nice work! Thanks for sharing it with the community and all the best.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Nawe

Post by Nawe »

I'll give it a try on my campaign, it looks amazing!!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

As Nekron99 said, some text boxes contained errors in its labeling, making it copy their data on other boxes, I relabeled every box to emend this, plus I edited the text position in some boxes.
Attachments
BF-Character Record Book r3 (Fillable v2).pdf
(187.15 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/