Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Boggo

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by Boggo »

this is how that page of r27 looks to me
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-18 141910.png
Screenshot 2023-01-18 141910.png (113.57 KiB) Viewed 393 times
No matter where you go...there you are
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Display changes is also off all the text is in black and white, not the colored indicators of who changed what.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

yay more Libre office shenanigans! I recognise those as the changes I made, and as you can see the r27 doc you're working on doesn't look like that to me :(
No matter where you go...there you are
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Boggo wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:20 pm this is how that page of r27 looks to me
I wasn't down to that page when I did the original r27, I was only to the beginning of the Clothing chapter, it will be updated in the version that Solo tells me to upload.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

TPFox wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:59 pm Since you and Chi have looked at the Equipment Emporium, I'll give it a 3rd proofreading once Solo gives the ok to do your upload. I'll get to the Core once you are finished with it.
Thank you for the offer, I'll let Solo make the call on when you can grab the file. Chi may have looked at the file, but I don't think he had a chance to do a full editing pass on it, more like a glance.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I haven't done a proofing pass on this yet, I've just done the Core Rules so far in this recent activity. For EE and the other documents, I'm waiting for others to complete their work and for updated documents to go into Projects, at which point I can take a look. While others are hard at work looking for SRD text, re-writing sections, making any other needed/wanted changes and updates, I don't want to interrupt it, others are doing far better at those things. 8-)
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I'm posting Equipment Emporium r27.1 to the Dropbox Project folder. TPFox go ahead and make a pass on it, if you make any changes post the corrected document to the Dropbox Project folder as r27.2 and don't forget to add your name to the proofreader line on the title page and put the revision number as 27.2.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Will do AlMan. Ok I've downloaded r27.1 and I am having a look...

I was using Libra Office 7.3 on a MacBook Air running Ventura 13.1 as the OS, but encountered a couple of problems, so I upgraded to 7.4. However, this did help, and I still see the same problems before getting into proofreading r27.1:

(1) Text layout for a single page does not fit a single page.
Troubleshooting:
• I downloaded the odt of r25 from the downloads page, and it opened with the same issue.
• I verified the odt layout problem versus the correct layout in the paper copy of r24
• Under "Format" in Libra Office, I verified the page size under "Page Style" as Letter 8.5 x 11
• I checked the font type in r27.1 - most of it is Soultane 9.5
• I downloaded and checked the PDF of r25, and it displayed properly and one of the main
embedded fonts was Soultane (not sure of the font size), and the page size was Letter 8.5 x11
(2) The table of contents page has a grey background I can't remove and is not present in the PDF or
in the print version of the book. The same thing shows up in the odt r25 version from the
downloads page.

I hope it is not an issue of a cross-compatibility problem between an odt file read on a PC and an odt file read on a Mac.

As far as proofreading goes, I can go ahead and look for errors in the writing, but I am not sure how to address this layout issue or even if I can. Anyone have an idea about this? Can I ignore this issue because it will ultimately open properly on a PC even though I'm seeing it on my Mac?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Text layouts that misbehave are my problem. Do not concern yourselves with them. Layout flow is always complicated.

And the Table of Contents is auto-generated; it's gray because you can't edit it. Leave it for me also.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Ok very good, I will leave the layout and table of contents as is. I'm now working on proofreading r27.1 of the Equipment Emporium.