Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
TPFox

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by TPFox »

I'm up to page 21 of 78 pages, and will continue in a while. In general, I made many corrections to make all entries on items consistent, such as using full sentences throughout. I added snow shoes to the equipment list as well. I will share more once I am done.

By the way is "subdual damage" a generic RPG expression? I'm asking because "subdual" is actually a noun and not the proper adjective form. To be correct, you would need to use "subdural-damage." However, this grammar rule is (often) broken for long established expressions and terminology in wide use which I suspect "subdual damage" is.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Subdual Damage is a fairly widespread generic RPG term
No matter where you go...there you are
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Thanks Boggo! I will strike that from my corrections.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I remove dashes wherever I see fit... :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Up to page 32 of 78.
I removed a lot of semi-colons. Too many dangling sentences. I simply made the next part a new sentence in many cases..

I need to work now, but I will continue later. Some entries were too brief and written in point form. I have tried to rewrite these. Also, some entries are missing, such as skates and skis, and my more recent addition - snowshoes. I have commented in the document about these, and I will add something to them only if I have time...
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

On Discord, user Sorta reported this
In the equipment emporium, the cog ship is larger and faster than a carrack, but 10k coins cheaper. This doesn't make sense. The earlier cog was only a one mast ship, whereas the carrack was an improved design, larger, and had 3 masts. Carvel-built ships were also cheaper to construct than clinker ships like cogs (according to Wikipedia at least)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

TPFox: I appreciate you taking a crack at the text of EE. I've wanted to tighten it up and make it more regular for a while now.

But please, don't edit the Core Rules that way. If you see irregular language or bad grammar, do point it out but let me decide how to fix it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Also, re: Boggo's recount of Sorta's comment: This definitely needs to be fixed. This isn't wrong in the Core Rules, is it? I need to check when it comes back my way.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:12 am Also, re: Boggo's recount of Sorta's comment: This definitely needs to be fixed. This isn't wrong in the Core Rules, is it? I need to check when it comes back my way.
damn you! now I gotta look!! (can't help myself)

OK, Caravels are in the Core rules (and match EE) but Cog's are not in EE Galleons seem a bit cheap in EE as well actually.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Suggestions for a fix?