My Home-brew Classes rework

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
asylum89

My Home-brew Classes rework

Post by asylum89 »

I reworked the classes for a more streamlined simplified basic feel for my preference. I also level cap at level 10. 5th edition also has a little influence in here.

Fighter:
Starting Attack Bonus +3. Attack Bonus increases by 1 at level 3 and again at level 6. Gains Multi-Attack at level 5. Ability Score +2 increase at level 4 and again at level 8.

Cleric:
Starting Attack Bonus +2. Attack Bonus increases by 1 at level 3 and again at level 6. Starting Cleric Spells are Cure Wounds and Turn the Undead. Gains 1 new Cleric Spell per level advancement. At level 5 gains Spell Bonus +2. Ability Score +2 increase at level 4 and again at level 8.

Thief:
Starting Attack Bonus +2. Attack Bonus increases by 1 at level 3 and again at level 6. Has Sneak Attack which allows you to add the Dexterity bonus to the Attack Bonus when attacking an unsuspecting opponent from behind. At level 5 you gain an additional +2 bonus to Thief Ability Checks. Ability Score +2 increase at level 4 and again at level 8.

Magic-User :
Starting Attack Bonus +1. Attack Bonus increases by 1 at level 3 and again at level 6. Starting Magic-User Spells are Magic Missile and Charm Person. Gains 1 new Magic-User Spell per level advancement. At level 5 gains Spell Bonus +2. Ability Score +2 increase at level 4 and again at level 8.

All Players start with 10 Hit Points and gain an additional 2 points per advancement for a max total at 30. Why 30? It keeps the players challenged and forced to use tactics and strategy versus blind hack and slashing. Monsters Hit Points and Damage are adjusted accordingly. Youtube channel Dungeon Craft has a video on this.

Furthermore, I do not like the concept of percentile dice so for thief abilities as an example, a d20 check versus a DC is made. Additionally I don't use spell slots either. I use a method that is explained on the youtube channel Dungeon Craft. To everyone feel free to comment and make suggestions, Enjoy.