CS2 The Dark Temple

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
MinkyBoodle

Re: The Dark Temple CONTEST ENTRY THREAD

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Thank you for clearing it up for me. I had it pictured wrong in my head initially. Sorry.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

FYI, there's one mistake in the Entry Template's Map Key: Room 14 should appear in the Upper Level section, not the Middle Level.
Cryanhall

Post by Cryanhall »

Awesome! I'm in, but I have a couple questions.

1. Is it okay to include new monsters, BF-official monsters with altered stats, new spells, or new magic items? Or is it the preference, for the purpose of this contest, to stick to standard BF monsters and magic? I thought I remembered that the standard process was to submit a monster to the Workshop separately (to a future Field Guide) if it's included in an adventure. Is that correct?

2. Just for some clarity on the map of the middle level, does the pit trap in 16a drop down 30’ where a secret door in the western wall at the bottom of the pit leads to 21 (30’ below room 16)?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Bumblepig: Thanks, I'll get that fixed. Anyone who has already started can just move it.

Cryanhall: 1) You can do whatever you like; however, remember your peers will be judging it. 2) Yes, exactly. I meant to put text into the entry for that, but it was late and I forgot.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

By the way... one-off monsters don't need a full description, unless you feel like doing one. Anything you submit in an adventure that might also fit into a supplement will probably get copied there even if you don't do it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Revised the entry to correct the errors listed above; if you've already started, don't bother switching to the new one, just look it over for the changes.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my humble submission for your perusal, The Temple of the Seas. Please let me know if there are any spelling or grammer errors, it will also need to have copywrite info pulled from all three Field Guides. Thank you in advance for any corrections that may be found and need to be corrected.

Since I'm also a moderator of the group, I ask that the adventure be considered for the final book, but not the Contest, thank you again. Good luck to everyone that enters the contest, I will enjoy reading all the entries.
Attachments
AGV - Temple of the Seas r4.odt
(287.23 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Al, moderators are officially eligible, but the prize money will be awarded to the top-placing non-moderator entry. If you still want to exclude yourself, that's fine, just wanted you to know that. (We have no influence over the actual voting, so there's no conflict of interest anyway, and if we can't get the cash, there should be no issue.)
sean8223

Post by sean8223 »

Question about the connectivity between the levels. Where do the stairs in areas 6 and 22 and on the middle level connect? Or is this left to the authors to decide?
Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Are rooms 16-16a-21 also connected with a drop similar to 18-17?
Otherwise something with the elevations does not make sense to me...

From second the level entrance (stairs on bottom right) =>
Down 3 flights of stairs; Door to room 15; down 3 more stairs reach door to room 16
*** Then go down 3 more stair flights to "long corridor on Left" ***

Rooms 16-21-20-19-18 on same level
BUT
Long corridor passes secret door - that has long horizontal corridor that reaches room 19.

Either long corridor or horizontal corridor need a slope for all to meet.