CS2 The Dark Temple

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
MinkyBoodle

Re: CS2 The Dark Temple

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Colin the Bard wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:18 pm Okay, here is my take on the "Crimson Skeleton" scene. Hope you like it!
This is beautiful! I love it!
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
teaman

Post by teaman »

Colin the Bard wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:18 pm Okay, here is my take on the "Crimson Skeleton" scene. Hope you like it!
I can adjust size/resolution or even crop it a bit at the top if you need. Also feel free to remove the title from the bottom. If you want I can move the signature into the piece or along the side. Whatever makes it fit better.
Crimson Skeletons by Colin Richards.jpg
Great illustration!!! Onward!!!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
daryen

Post by daryen »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:03 pm
daryen wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:21 pm Awesome piece! I love the dynamism.

I also love the magic-user swinging a full-on sword. ;)
Huh. Looks like a dagger hilt to me.
The blade is too wide for a dagger. And he is going to swing it like a sword, not a dagger.

Anyway, we can't see the whole thing, so we really don't know how long it is, meaning it's just down to interpretation. So, I just went with the one more convenient for me that made things more interesting to me. I'm sticking with it. :lol:

No matter what, it is a great drawing and looks awesome!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I have integrated Colin's art, which has both fixed the flow of the text in that area as well as just making the whole thing really nice. Thanks!

I just have one problem holding me back from putting out a Print Release Candidate... Al, in your adventure in area 32 you describe forcing the door, which seems strange since there's no door to that room, just an open corridor. But then I realized this is actually an error in borgar's map... my original map has a door there. So borgar, if you're available, can you revise it? I can do a copy-and-paste if necessary, but it'd be better done by the original artist.

However, Al, still on room 32 of your adventure, you describe a fight with some Deep Ones but there are no statistics for them. I'd just throw them in there but I don't know how many should be in the group.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

There are 2 in the room I've stated them out and put an R11-AlMan odt file in the Projects so you can find it. The updates ended up on page 64. Just stat block and two check box lines added.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:40 am I have integrated Colin's art, which has both fixed the flow of the text in that area as well as just making the whole thing really nice. Thanks!

I just have one problem holding me back from putting out a Print Release Candidate...
Oh boy oh boy! I'm getting giddy!
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
borgar

Post by borgar »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:40 am I just have one problem holding me back from putting out a Print Release Candidate... Al, in your adventure in area 32 you describe forcing the door, which seems strange since there's no door to that room, just an open corridor. But then I realized this is actually an error in borgar's map... my original map has a door there. So borgar, if you're available, can you revise it? I can do a copy-and-paste if necessary, but it'd be better done by the original artist.
I've added a door to room 32 now and copied the XCF to the Projects/Maps folder. Check if that looks ok.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Al, borgar: I've integrated your additions. As I'm playtesting Al's adventure, I won't have an actual print release candidate until I'm done with that.

Getting playtest reports is hard... I pretty much just have to do it myself.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Chi, how far are you from assembling an AA4?

The reason I ask is, I'm hoping for a new home for Lee Hammock's title page artwork which is presently in CS2. I'd really like to put MWByouk's drawing of the temple high up on the bluff on the title page, but I made a promise that Lee's artwork would be on the title page of one of our books, and I take those promises seriously.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I need to gather all of the threads/adventures I've tagged to see what the current page-count would be. I don't think it will be too far in the future.