CS2 The Dark Temple

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The Dark Temple CONTEST ENTRY THREAD

Post by Solomoriah »

Several people have said at one time or another that they'd like to finish the Pit. If someone were to just pick it up and run with it, I'd be happy to see it happen.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
borgar

Post by borgar »

I want to contribute something to this event though I was not up to writing an adventure.

And since there seem to be plenty of much better illustrations coming in at the moment (quite a lot of impressive art) I made an attempt at doing the maps by hand (and Gimp editing).

Note that I have skipped the labyrinthine middle part for now. I would like to find an isometric perspective but that has turned out to be quite a challenge (it mostly require elevations to flow in one major direction).

I've put the Gimp XCF files in the project folder if you want them. Will see if I can come up with something for the middle part eventually.
upper_level.png
upper_level.png (116.02 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
lower_level.png
lower_level.png (104.05 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Those are beautiful maps! I will definitely use them in the final adventure.

I'm cool with the isometric maps, but the flat map is way easier to actually draw on a battlemat. Can I talk you into doing one of those to complete the set?
borgar

Post by borgar »

Yes, l'll happily do the flat version so there is complete set.

If I or someone else figure a way to add a way to show elevation nicely, that is a bonus.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I wouldn't mind seeing pytheas' image in the compiled doc.
teaman

Post by teaman »

borgar wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 am I want to contribute something to this event though I was not up to writing an adventure.

And since there seem to be plenty of much better illustrations coming in at the moment (quite a lot of impressive art) I made an attempt at doing the maps by hand (and Gimp editing).

Note that I have skipped the labyrinthine middle part for now. I would like to find an isometric perspective but that has turned out to be quite a challenge (it mostly require elevations to flow in one major direction).

I've put the Gimp XCF files in the project folder if you want them. Will see if I can come up with something for the middle part eventually.

upper_level.png

lower_level.png
These are GREAT. I love hand-drawn maps!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
borgar

Post by borgar »

Ok, here is the middle level (XCF file in project dir). I have not made any attempts to handle elevation, i.e. just reproduced the original map.
middle_level.png
middle_level.png (105.35 KiB) Viewed 4756 times
Please let me know if you spot errors etc. Since a scanner is involved in the process, I have split details (room numbering, stairs, traps, etc) into separate layers so it's pretty easy to replace/redo those.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Very nice, thanks! This will really dress up the final book!
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:01 am I wouldn't mind seeing pytheas' image in the compiled doc.
Me too, I really liked that, and it helps with the comprehension of the middle level. Otherwise it's a bit complicated.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The Dark Temple

Post by Solomoriah »

I've started putting the combined adventure module together, and I have a question: In Children of Zewlac, who is artist for the "seal" artwork?

I'll have more questions, I'm sure. As of right now, this is the proper Workshop thread for the module, so please post anything relevant to it here.