Print Release Candidate Tracking

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Print Release Candidate Tracking

Post by Solomoriah »

These are the documents currently in the Print Release Candidate condition:
  • Core Rules 4th Edition, Release 139 -- February 20, 2024
  • Chrysogon's Coterie, Release 29 -- February 24, 2024
If there are print release candidates I've missed here, please let me know by posting to this thread. This first post will be updated continuously as we make new releases and move items to print. Please don't post to this thread on any subject other than print release candidates, so that I can depend on this thread to keep things organized.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Re: Print Release Candidate Tracking

Post by chiisu81 »

I know JN1 had a couple of print release candidates previously, and you're working on the next one (pending some artwork).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, JN1 isn't on the list because the last version wasn't up to snuff. The next one should be; I'm just hoping to get a little artwork added.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I didn't find anything in AA2 or DC1. The others I have, and will post in their threads.

Also, please be sure to put the word out on social media to get more eyes on these.
Related, on the main BFRPG page the Google+ link needs to be replaced with a MeWe link.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just FYI, I have set up the revisions/new books on Lulu for the five above (JN1, DC1, EE, AA2, CS1) so they can be activated tomorrow, and I'm now working my way through KDP to get the Amazon versions ready.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ack. Okay, so I just finished submitting all the revisions and new books to KDP for Amazon distribution, and THEN I discovered errors in AA1 and EE:

In AA1, the release number says 27 but it's release 28.

In EE, John Fredericks isn't credited for the cover art.

SO, there will be new releases of both tonight. I'll probably go ahead and push the new PDFs to Lulu and proceed with releasing them tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping Chi will have a chance to look them over tomorrow just in case I miss something. Page titles, flow errors, stuff like that. However, because of the way KDP does things I won't be able to fix them there until they approve the current versions; as soon as that happens, I'll resubmit.

ALSO, the JN1 cover on KDP is very slightly irregular (the covers set 40 pixels too far apart, so each cover is 20 pixels too close to the outside edge; this is about 1/15" in terms of the actual error). I will probably go ahead and fix that as soon as they approve it. I mixed up my page counts when creating all the covers for KDP... gah.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yes I can review those 2 (actually all 5 just in case) tonight and tomorrow. 8-)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I just uploaded the new AA2 and EE. Good news on one front... I had not completed the entry of EE into the KDP system, so I went ahead and put in the new one. I really want these all available tomorrow. The error on the JN1 cover is really minor, so I doubt anyone will care about it (or even be able to see it) but I will update it as soon as I can, as I will AA2.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Another bit of good news... evidently the JN1 submission didn't process, so I uploaded the correct cover and submitted it. Soon...
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

OKAY, so, I've activated the books on Lulu. Amazon activations are proceeding in their usual fits and spurts. I've updated the "Buy the Rules" page with the new links, and will be updating it again as those Amazon activations take effect; the Downloads page will also be getting some love.